McConnel folded flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxerbuddy

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this stuff? I've been smoking it for a couple of months now...I don't hear it mentioned much. It has really grown on me, it's one of my favorites now. I love the presentation...big flakes folded together...kindof looks like shredded wheat, and you can just peel off strands as you please. You don't have to split a flake if you only want to smoke a little.

It tastes awesome...very sweet with burley in the background for body and some spicy perique that come on later in the bowl. Not very complex but nonetheless delicious. I'm surprised its not more popular.

Folded flake is very good stuff. I find it to be pretty spicy... Between the KY and the perique I definitely get some spice when exhaling through my nose. Its been a few months since I finished my last tin but I remember really enjoying it outdoors (I mostly smoke inside and I find many blends I enjoy I'm my room loose some flavor when I take the dog for a walk etc.)

I'm also surprised that this blend isn't more popular. More for us I guess :cheers:

s.ireland":tfdi9tb0 said:
I'm also surprised that this blend isn't more popular. More for us I guess :cheers:
Better watch out. I guarantee I'm not the only one taking notes. ;)

No, actually, you're not the only one taking notes. McConnell has been piquing my interest for a while. Something is telling my "bacca intuition" it's a sleeper brand. 8)

Kyle Weiss":gb8wi0q0 said:
No, actually, you're not the only one taking notes. McConnell has been piquing my interest for a while. Something is telling my "bacca intuition" it's a sleeper brand. 8)
Be careful with Folded Flake, Kyle... It has PERIQUE!!!! :twisted:

s.ireland":14h9dgr0 said:
Kyle Weiss":14h9dgr0 said:
Be careful with Folded Flake, Kyle... It has PERIQUE!!!! :twisted:
Oh hush up, sir. I ain't scared. :evil: Well, maybe a little... :p

8)