McCranie's in Charlotte

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallSmoke

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Charlotte for a few hours on Friday and thought I might check out McCranie's, which is just a few miles from where I'm doing some business. I've never been before. Anyone else been there? Is there anything there worth seeing or considering? (i.e. their own tobacco blends, etc?)

Hey Tall Guy!!!! Be sure and go to the main one in Charlotte, not the one up north. The main store is nice, lots of goodies to peruse. I was much disappointed with the one north of Charlotte. Have fun!!!!! FTRPLT

It is indeed a great place to be.Well worth a visit.You probably won't want to leave.

It's been about 5 years since I visited both shops on a one day excursion, but like FTRPLT I was disappointed at the shop in Cornelius. The shop in Charlotte had an impressive collection of BIG pipes, mostly Ashton. They do have their own tobaccos along with a good selection of tinned tobaccos. I'd recommend a tin of their Red Ribbon and Red Cake, though my favorite is the former. You may want to check their website before your visit. McCranies

Jim

Thanks, guys. I am going to the south location, so that is all good to hear. I was thinking of picking up both Red Ribbon and Red Cake, along with a couple of tins of Presby Mix. Thanks, again!

Ah, I forgot to tell you all that I did not make it, unfortunately. I was expecting to go to Presbyterian - Main hospital to quickly pick up a couple of items and the run by McCranie's. I was delayed in getting to Charlotte and then badly delayed at the hospital. I had to get back to my own hospital (and barely made it in time) so I was unable to go by the store. That was a bummer.

The next time I'll be near a B&M will be on our family beach trips in September and late October. I usually go see the folks at Low Country Pipes (www.smokingpipes.com) and pick up a few tins on each trip. I'll be back in Charlotte in November for a 2-day meeting. Hopefully I can swing by McCranie's then.

I am working on getting a gig where I travel around the Carolinas primarily. Hopefully this will open up stops at McCrannies and Low Country now and then.

-Andrew