Medallions?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbya

Reaction score
I picked up some medallion tobacco from the Tinder Box here in Charlotte yesterday and now I'm staring at it wondering, how does one get this wonderful smelling pressed blend into a pipe and get it to light?

Should I rub it out like a flake, roll it into a ball, lay it flat on top of the bowl and smash it in all cup shaped? I'm asking because my only other pressed tobacco is a FVF and I've had no problems out of it, but this is a burley/latakia/cavendish blend that's been mashed into a round shape and cooked. I don't want to miss the full experience.

Any advice from the masters will be greatly appreciated.

I sometimes rub out medallions... they can feel dry but actually be a bit wet. When you rub em out, you can get a better handle on the moisture content.

If the moisture content is okay, like if a tin has been open for a month, then I simply fold them like a hot dog bun and slide a few into the pipe longways. I keep a little rubbed out "kindling" for the top.

Like the Mac Baren fold and stuff flake method, where you bend a flake in half, stuff it in, and then frizz up the top before lighting, I will kind of rough up the top so i can get a good light.

Have fun. Twists are awesome.

Fantastic!
It's been out for a while in the jar. The guy said that nobody ever buys it, which I don't understand because the smell of it is so bloody enticing. I'll give the roll it up and mess up the top method a go in the morning.

Thanks