Meerschaums

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
What I have left.

8519785786_e0054ccd44_c.jpg

lovely, the one at the back with the orange-lined case is beautiful

PipedJimmy":qvfakekw said:
Yes, that caught my eye also.

I'm assuming the rusticated ones in the back are meerschaum-lined? Or are they stained meer?

The poker is pretty slick.

8)

The one with the bamboo shank is African meerschaum by Tanganyika and the one below is from the Isle of Mann and by Pioneer neither is lined, nor stained, that is the color of those meerschaums.

fishnbanjo":387gbwmy said:
The one with the bamboo shank is African meerschaum by Tanganyika and the one below is from the Isle of Mann and by Pioneer neither is lined, nor stained, that is the color of those meerschaums.
Peterson has a few black meers they paint with...probably their bowl coatings... :lol: ....they look great, and that poker really wants to come live with me, just so you know. Really, ask her. She calls me when you aren't looking and has all of these...ideas... :heart: :lol:

8)

PipedJimmy":ozduy2rv said:
X Three. Obviously this is another one trying to get out of your neglect & comfinement and i feel you should do the humane thing & let them free, if they don't come back they were never meant to be yours to begin with. :lol: :lol!:

The Cavalier figural is my fave. For me, Meers should be carved figurals :twisted:

My 2 Altinok Cutty's. They are not exactly Cutty's, the angle between bowl and shank isn't right but these 2 pipes smoke delicious.

lionhe11.jpg
" />
lionhe10.jpg
" /
>
This is my 100 year old block carved meerschaum with an amber stem.  Really a delight to smoke this old girl.

Since this thread has become a 'show n tell' of folks meers, here's a few of my "fancy" one, my Bacchus I got from Altinok meershaums two years ago now. These are their pics which are better than I'm able to take !! It's now starting to turn a light tan but I don't smoke it often as it's a "sit down" smoker and I'm always walking around and such while I normally smoke so I don't smoke it as often:

I've 3 others, all variations of the claw/egg style which I've had much longer and are much more colored after 20/30 years of smoking.  :twisted: :twisted:

The "Two Kings" meer is a masterpiece.  That is past gorgeous.

MonBla....yours is stunning also.  I only have the one, and it is a delight to smoke.  

The old block meers from the 50-60's with the amber stem is just a small slice of what was available. (sigh)...didn't get more.