memorial day weekend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
A story told on a NJ based hunting forum I read earlier

A little boy and his father were visiting a grave. The little boy pointed to a young man standing at the grave next to them and said ' Hey dad, his name is KIA, like our car'. The father said ' No son, that means he was killed in action. He is a miltary person. Says he was killed in Iraq fighting for our freedom'. The little boy said ' Oh'...he went over to the young man at the soldiers grave and put his arm around him and shed one single tear. He then went to the headstone, kissed it and then saluted the grave. He turned to the young man and said with tears in his eyes ' Your friend is safe now, he is with my mommy'.

That was my morning after a peaceful hunt when I went to see my 'Battle Buddies' grave who was killed two years ago while we were deployed to Iraq.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day. Never forget what it is all about and NEVER forget those it is for.

A poem on the same forum

We walked among the crosses
Where our fallen soldiers lay.
And listened to the bugle
As taps began to play.

The Chaplin led a prayer
We stood with heads bowed low.
And I thought of fallen comrades
I had known so long ago.

They came from every city
Across this fertile land.
That we might live in freedom.
They lie here 'neath the sand.

I felt a little guilty
My sacrifice was small.
I only lost a little time
But these men lost their all.

Now the services are over
For this Memorial Day.
To the names upon these crosses
I just want to say,

Thanks for what you've given
No one could ask for more.
May you rest with God in heaven
From now through evermore.

Author Unknown.

This weekend while you are having or going to cookouts, while you are eating your hot dogs, hamburgers, potato sald and so on remember ALL of the soldiers that died and lived to make sure you have the freedom to have those things. every soldier from the reveloution up to and beyond now deserves our deepest gratitude!

Thank you all that have served or ar serving this country for all your sacrifices so we may have freedom!

Way to go. Now I can barely talk.

Thanks to ALL the vets, present or not, for what you have, are, and will do!

AmericanFlag013.jpg

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for posting this. It is definitely so important that everyone remember what Memorial Day represents. :cry: