Michael Parks - my next pipecarver crush...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Weiss

Reaction score
It does not take long for one to wander down the Internet-brick road to find some real gems...

...these were taken from a blog about Michael Parks... some of my coveted favorites:

Michael-Parks-Canted-Brandy-Cup-Saucer.jpg

Michael-Parks-Abstract-Whale.jpg

Michael-Parks-Cavalier-Blowfish.jpg

Michael-Parks-Giant-Smooth-Freeform.jpg

(blog link here... http://tobaccodays.com/michael-parks-quintessential-elegance-whether-rugged-or-smooth/ )

Anyway, just daydreaming. Don't mind me.

It's come to my attention that I'm refining my "random pipe grabbing" nature into gravitating strongly toward freehand, blowfish and whale-type pipes. Which I may start aiming my serious collecting toward.

Searches like these have really gotten me more privy to the idea that if I want to become even a modest/hobby pipecarver, boy do I have a long way to go. Seems even further now. I suppose we all get giddy just because we finally "complete a pipe" (incomparably; carving kit that was pre-drilled and just needed the final touches), but these give a level of completion to aspire to!

Kyle, all I gotta say is that we have similar tastes in pipes: beautiful and out of our price range.:D

...all I know is I'm really, really going to get myself in trouble.

All you guys will back me up, right? Tell me "it's okay," and coddle me when I'm crying into my Top Ramen for the next two years, but smoking a pipe of supreme wonder? :lol:

Kyle Weiss":2pwqp675 said:
...all I know is I'm really, really going to get myself in trouble.

All you guys will back me up, right? Tell me "it's okay," and coddle me when I'm crying into my Top Ramen for the next two years, but smoking a pipe of supreme wonder? :lol:
Do it!
Food is way overrated! :twisted:
Once eaten, it's gone. The only return on your investment is...well you know.
But a pipe will forever mark you as a king among men! :king:
And I'm only partially joking. :joker:

Harlock999":2d3pq4ih said:
Do it!
Food is way overrated! :twisted:
Once eaten, it's gone. The only return on your investment is...well you know.
But a pipe will forever mark you as a king among men! :king:
And I'm only partially joking. :joker:

...how did I know my fellow addicts and Brothers would support me in my dapper misery? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: