Michail Revyagin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milan

Reaction score
Milan":i2fekidp said:
Does anyone own a pipe made by Misha? He is ultra-inspiring to me. I love his approach to making pipes. Check it out...
Wow!
Great video, and thanks for posting it.
I hope to own one of his pipes...someday.
This is one of my favorites.

I love Misha's work. I have six of his pipes including the one that David wrote about in Tobacco Days. Everyone of them is a great smoker and a work of art in it's own right. I can't recommend him highly enough.

I have six of his pipes including the one that David wrote about in Tobacco Days.
You are the proud owner of the Nautilus? Holy cow! Talk about the mutts nuts. That may be the best pipe ever made?

The two articles are fantastic! Later today I'm going to study them. Revyagin's shapes have a lot to do with sculpture, as, to a lesser extent, do Canaan Pipes.

Learning for the first time about two new makers is just another example of the payoff one gets from hanging tight on a great forum!

That was pretty awesome.

I always love to watch people who are skilled in such things work. I am very jealous of that skill. Alas, my only true skill, when it comes to pipes, is smoking them. :lol:

Milan, I got a chance to read through the 2 articles you linked and really grew by that experience, but I must say the Nautilus about which there was so much discussion is about 2 or 3 levels beyond my comfort zone.

Rypline, nonetheless, to own the Nautilus is a real coup. I wouldn't be surprised if it is referenced many times in the coming years as a point of departure for many avant-garde pipe designs.