Mid-winter greetings from the U.P.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Reaction score
After lurking for a short time I thought I'd jump in. Good to be here!

I have to put my mittens back on now, so I'll be tongue-tied for a while!

Welcome Yooper. I spent a week in a cabin at Burt's Lake a few years ago. What a beautiful area that is. :cheers:

Hello and welcome to a great forum with great peeps! Yooper -- do you fish much up there? Just wondering, as I have heard it is a great area for fishing...

A hearty welcome aboard to you!! Always wanted to visit the U.P. but not this time of the year.

Now we just need a member named Troll and we'd be all set! Welcome aboard Yooper!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! For anyone not aware of the Yooper/Troll significance, some Yoopers refer to fellow Michiganders who live "below the (Mackinac) bridge" as "Trolls". The terms "Fudgie" and "Flatlander" also refer to those living in the Lower Peninsula of Michigan. The term "Hillbilly" derogatorily refers to people living generally in sections of the Appalachian mountains and parts of Northern Michigan according to the dictionary, so a "Troll" might correctly describe a "Yooper" as a "Hillbilly".