Military Bit Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsKot

Reaction score
Anyone who's seen my postings can glance over to the side and see I'm a proud owner of a 63M, and it is far and away my favorite pipe. Being so cherished I want to keep her around as long as I can. I've seen some places calling military bits and army mounts push-bits. I personally give mine a little twist on the way in to the mortise, just as any other pipe bit. Should I heed those words and ONLY give her a push? Or is the twisting just fine. Keep in mind the mating is acrylic to acrylic and I try to keep all my pipes assembled unless necessary. Thanks for the help guys!

Nah you've wrecked it. :lol:

A push-stem comes in two forms, an ordinary tenon and a tapered "jam it in until it's tight" sort of affair, which is usually what "military" mount means (a military mount used to be a pipe reinforced with a shell case).

The other type is screw-in with a threaded tenon.

You can twist your 63m all you like, but that's best done when no one else is watching.

Sasquatch":oaiwmlr2 said:
You can twist your 63m all you like, but that's best done when no one else is watching.
Every time I do it I feel so... dirty. But I like it, I just can't stop! Maybe Tiger and I will become buddies in rehab.