Military vets?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I served active duty 1978-1989, and reserve service to 2005. I'm a field artilleryman by training, and have achieved some modest results in the Service.

As far as those of other nations go, I salute all who served their nations, even those who sat on the other side of the 1KM zone from me on the European GDP.

johnnyxpipe":4kyq829z said:
I am currently in the process of joining the United States Army, I scheduled to go though MEPS in about a month. My grandfather was a drill instructor in WW2 and my grandfather in law was an Army Ranger in Vietnam and retired a Colonel.
Good luck to you. As they say in today's Army (it wasn't current in my time), "HOOAH!"

Active duty Navy IT1(SW) since June, 14th 2001 plan on serving until...well I plan on serving until further notice!

Currently serving in Groton, CT but have done time in a number of different places/countries/oceans. Some more dangerous than others.

Huge Salute to those who have gone both before, and alongside me!

-H

My father was killed in vietnam in 1970. I wanting to honor him joined the army in 1986 loved it so much I stayed a little over 20 years. My MOS was 11B (Infantry) went all over the world was Airborne as well as Air Assault and Drill Sergeant. Went to desert storm and my last year in the Army went to Iraq. I retired in 2006 and couldnt get a job parking cars. I done what many of my brothers have done and went back to Iraq as a contractor which is where I am to this day.

Best Regards
Richard

I serverd 1976-1982 usmc 0311 and some private contract work 1989-1992 middle east... still kinda new here, but loving it! Im learning so much from ya'll thanks so much

US Army Combat Medic 91B, 1994- Commissioned 71B 1998, Got out 2000, Called Back Oct 2001, out again 2005....Would do it again!

Army '94-'99. While I feel I wasn't exactly suited to being a soldier, I met a lot of blokes who were and they are some of the best men it has been my privilege to know. Sadly three losses over the years has thinned the numbers and I think of them often.

1997-Present.

US Army currently serving in Afghanistan. Thanks to everyone before me who paved the way, and to all the guys coming in to take the reigns.

Marines 1983-1991 I was in communications, nothing high speed. I absolutely loved the first four years and pretty much hated last 3 1/2. I can honestly say that two of the happiest days of my life were:

1. Going on terminal leave after coming back from Desert Storm.

2. Getting my actual discharge at the end of that terminal leave. Freedom never felt so good.

That being said I don't regret any of it.

I am lucky enough to have been working with soldiers for the last two years and without exception it is an absolute joy to work with the young soldiers. The young men and women all remind me of my buddies while I was in and they make me feel younger (and unfortunately, sometimes a LOT older). They are always positive...even when bitching. It is nice to know that some things never change.

1969- 1975 U.S Army

70-71 Phu-Bai RVN 131st AVN CO. " SPUD 15 " Spent three years in Hanau Germany as an instrument examiner in OV-1s. Retired ld man now just looking for a place to smoke a bowl. Mike G.

Thank's John I am sure we shared some of the same ground. I really like this forum been watching it for a couple of years finally decided to post.

MY TRUEISM " SLOW THINKERS MAKE JUMP THROUGH THE ASS PROJECTS "
MIKE G.

USAF, 1986-90. Structural mechanic on B1-B and KC135's. My son is currently serving in the Rock Pile of Afghanistan having already done a tour in Iraq a couple years ago. With God's grace he'll be home in a month.

Where is that "finger's crossed" smiley?

Semi-related (pun intended:D )

Just got the news yesterday that my son is safely back from Afghanistan!:cheers:

This is his second tour, the first one being in Iraq a couple years ago.

And I think I posted this earlier, but I was USAF from 1986-90.

I recently ceased donning the Pickle Suit.

2003-2011, military intelligence.

U.S.Army , 84 - 88 , 35K10

213th avn Co., Camp Humphreys, S.Korea

1st/4th Attk Heli Btn ,Ft. Carson. Colo.

God Bless America , and the Men , Women , and Children ,that have sacrificed for it.