Mississippi Mud

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbear58

Reaction score
I received and just opened a tin of Cornell & Diehl's Mississippi Mud. Being from Louisiana swamp country I can say that this reminded me of Louisiana, or at least parts of it.

Disclaimer: I am a novice and opinions should be taken with various grains of salt (I always noticed that less experienced tobacco reviewers tend to give nastier reviews and fewer stars).

It reminded me of something between burning rubber and creosote (see, very much like an old Mississippi dock). Obviously I am not adequately experienced in the appreciation of Latakias.

I should stick to Virginias.

Oldbear

Yeah, that would be a bad one to start with. Someone on this board once referred to Mississippi Mud as an "abomination."

Not to be confused with Mississippi River which is a really good, well balanced and much lighter latakia blend.

I like Mississippi Mud...in the afternoon with a couple fingers worth of sippin' whiskey. Never in the A.M. and rarely as a night cap.

oldbear58":76cqo8ii said:
I received and just opened a tin of Cornell & Diehl's Mississippi Mud. Being from Louisiana swamp country I can say that this reminded me of Louisiana, or at least parts of it.

Disclaimer: I am a novice and opinions should be taken with various grains of salt (I always noticed that less experienced tobacco reviewers tend to give nastier reviews and fewer stars).

It reminded me of something between burning rubber and creosote (see, very much like an old Mississippi dock). Obviously I am not adequately experienced in the appreciation of Latakias.

I should stick to Virginias.

Oldbear
Haha! Yeah, I was there recently. I picked up the briar in college, quite for 10 years, then got back into it a couple years ago. When I got back into it, I had a TON of perfectly aging 'bacs. So I cracked open a mason jar full of Royal Yacht, and proceeded to almost ruin my return. I had to step back to the easy stuff first, even with 6 or 7 years of smoking under my belt.