Mixtures that work too well

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dillon

Reaction score
The other day I grew a wild hair up my ass and decided to mix two blends, which I rarely do for fear of less-than-stellar outcomes. This one was definitely a success: Penzance and SMMedium. In fact, the more of the former I added the better it turned out. The kind of oily blandness in SMM really benefits from the latakia, dry consistency (of mine anyway), and crumbly texture of Penzance, making a good, all-around stout English blend with a comfortable mix of two opposing elements. I added a little more Penzance tonight but haven't tried it since, I imagine it will have just gotten better. I prefer Penzance alone to SMM alone, mostly because the latter doesn't smoke well noticeably moist or dry and has much less flavor.

I have both blends at hand and would like to try that mix. There was no problem with mixing the crumble flake with the ribbon, I take it?

I am a fan of mixing blends. I bought some Oriental blends a while ago, but I found them to much on the light end of the spectrum to smoke them often. I started blending them into Latakia heavy blends and grew to appreciate them more.

Also, I like that I can mix a bit of this and that and come up with a new experience when my open tin stores are low.

Nothing close to wrong with your mixture! Mix a bit and let it sit awhile. Be interesting to note the change, if any, in the taste of the blend! :cheers: FTRPLT

babysinister":7u4pgul0 said:
I have both blends at hand and would like to try that mix. There was no problem with mixing the crumble flake with the ribbon, I take it?
No, not really. I would crumble some very thin, others not so thin to mix it up. Of course you would want to have the Penzance somewhat dense so that it had more of a presence, but generally no problems.