Mmmmmm escudo.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i.keenum

Reaction score
Good stuff , just picked a tin up a grew minutes ago from the local B&M. Tubed or a flake and stuck it in my cob. Sweet nutty flavor, I her a nice hazel nut and chicory flavor. Bet its great with coffee.

One of my tried and true VaPers.

thumbs.gif

Cheers,

RR

I have yet to try Escudo, but I do have a tin waiting to be popped open

Bought my first tin last week from a local B&M and enjoyed it tremendously, I have no idea why I waited so long to give it a try? It will be in my regular rotation from now on.

Right in there with my half dozen favorite tobaccoweeds. Reminds me of Stormfront for solid, tasty goodness, one you can rely on when others begin to pall. Can't believe I didn't like my first tin. :scratch:

Prepare to be either thrilled or disappointed.

Apparently, many find it ambrosial.

To others, it just tastes like dirt.

:face:

Escudo really is one of the greats IMO. I liked it from the word go. It's one of the rare first-rate tobaccos that's almost always available, too. :cheers:

Stokkebye Bullseye Flake is very similar and even more reasonable. I always have some here.

I couldn't tell what it tasted like. Mouth full of warm asphalt was one way I put it. :lol: The picky tongue is price I pay for not being able to enjoy loads of Perique.

8)

Kyle Weiss":9cc86zng said:
I couldn't tell what it tasted like. Mouth full of warm asphalt was one way I put it. :lol: The picky tongue is price I pay for not being able to enjoy loads of Perique.

8)
AMEN ! :cheers:

Kyles just scared of some good down home southern tobacco. I kid for some reason all macbaren blends of all genres bite the crap out of me, no idea a to why. Some tobaccos just don't agree with some people. And I really like plum cakes flavor. :scratch:

i.keenum":wl1rbn17 said:
for some reason all macbaren blends of all genres bite the crap out of me, no idea a to why.
I have the same problem with the MacBarens with the exception of the HH Dark Fired, for some reason no bite. Go Figure :scratch:

Irish Mike":xii2g8ll said:
i.keenum":xii2g8ll said:
for some reason all macbaren blends of all genres bite the crap out of me, no idea a to why.
I have the same problem with the MacBarens with the exception of the HH Dark Fired, for some reason no bite. Go Figure :scratch:
I have the same problem with McC's VA's. I love Virginia #24 & Backwoods Flake, but man does my mouth hurt after.

Two years ago I dipped into my tobacco cellar hard to get the money to get setup with cigars. The first round, for there were many more, saw all the A. E. Petersen white ceramic Escudo tins go, about a dozen. Yesterday the fellow to whom I sold them gifted me with one. It's got 10 years; it has come back to me. I've smoked 5 y/o, but not ten.

I'm going to save this one for that Pacific Island, baby-on-my-arm vacation:). This is a wonderful thing!

I had the chance to taste this for the first time last week, thanks to Brewdude being so kind to send me a tin. :heart: It's not available on any means where I am, so I was thrilled. And it's so yummy! I found it one of those fairytale-tobaccos - not one to be had with rum or whisky, but with green tea. (BTW, I've found that green tea is great for keeping the tongue-bite in check!). If I was to paint a visual tobacco review of this, it would have copious amounts of glowing cobalt blue and ultramarine, against the warm, dreamy glow of Italian burnt sienna. If it was a musical piece, it would be one of Satie's Gnossiennes. Yum, yum, yum!

beetlejazz":61h40r0c said:
I had the chance to taste this for the first time last week, thanks to Brewdude being so kind to send me a tin. :heart: It's not available on any means where I am, so I was thrilled. And it's so yummy! I found it one of those fairytale-tobaccos - not one to be had with rum or whisky, but with green tea. (BTW, I've found that green tea is great for keeping the tongue-bite in check!). If I was to paint a visual tobacco review of this, it would have copious amounts of glowing cobalt blue and ultramarine, against the warm, dreamy glow of Italian burnt sienna. If it was a musical piece, it would be one of Satie's Gnossiennes. Yum, yum, yum!
Glad you liked it Anna.

:D

Cheers,

RR