Mobile Version

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Soshae

Reaction score
After lurking from the iphone, I have just a few mobile website comments.

1. The mobile version is very comfortable to dig into.

2. An option to jump to the last page would be nice. For example, the posts on what is currently being smoked, is too deep to dig from a phone.

3. I do not see where to add comments while in the mobile version.

4. A back button at the bottom of the page would allow an exit without having to scroll back up.

Thank you for creating a website that expresses the comradery of pipe smokers from all around the world.

J. Soshae

Welcome, J!

I can report from the admin side that right now, we don't have any config control over the mobile version. The only "option" is that mobile users can switch to the full version.

It's a free forum host, and one day they just added the mobile gateway without much fanfare--I looked at my phone and there it was. Maybe they'll give us more access someday; if so, we'll take your thoughtful suggestions under consideration, and probably open up a thread for more mobile user suggestions.

Mostly I use the mobile for my responses and to browse, so I use the classic version. Prior to navigating to the website, I enable my cookies so the classic version works and I retain the cookies for this website so that when I open the page it does so in the classic version. That seems to work the best for me, at least for now.

My Android device with Dolphin browser works ace with the forum. Use it all the time. 8) Then again, I don't use mobile versions of anything. Shut those darned things off.