Mom's Birthday

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roogles

Reaction score
Since I'm at the computer all day, everyday, at work I haven't been spending much time surfing or browsing BoB on the weekends - hence this post today instead of tomorrow.

My Mom passed away in November last year of cancer. She was 54.

Tomorrow is her birthday. As well as I feel like I'm handling all of that on most days, today has been a really melancholy one.

Everything that has randomly come up in iTunes today has made me think of her, and my normal circuit of internet reading has continually popped up subliminal reminders that she's not around any more.

My Dad made a good call and left today for a 2 week elk hunting trip in Wyoming. The timing may have been coincidence, but I think he probably want to get out of town so that he wouldn't have to endure all the random "comforting" that comes with this sort of thing.

For her last birthday, Mom had a (perhaps silly) desire to get the entire family together at one of the local Japanese Steakhouses for dinner. So even though she was pretty sick, we gathered up my fam, my siblings, and all nine grandkids and had a grand time eating, drinking, and watching the guys cook with sharp knives and unnecessary fire. It was a good time.

mom_bday.jpg

I'm planning to lay low this weekend. Build a fire in the fire-pit and cook dinner for the fam tonight, and stay around the house tomorrow and be with the kids.

Looking forward to checking in on Monday to see who the Bomb targets were.

Sir, the photo is wonderful! She looks very happy. A cherished memory, I am sure.

I wish there were magic words one could say that would comfort in these situations, but I know there are none. Just know that we care. And we're glad you are here with us. Praying for better days ahead for you brother.

Take care roogles. Have a great weekend with your family. We'll be here when you feel like checking in again.

I'm sorry for your pain brother. I hope the weekend passes ok.

I'm with Sean68, I think the photograph is wonderful.

Regards

Jers

Gents, Thank you all for the kind words...

I meant to respond sooner, but I'm fighting a raging sinus infection this week and even though I've been reading, lurking, and keeping up on the Bombing fallout, I just haven't felt like posting.

The weekend was good. Very low key around the house with the kids.

I appreciate the kind words and thoughts more than I can say.

i.keenum":292iy6m5 said:
Great photo. Hope your dad bags a big one.
I've been getting semi-regular text updates from the old man. He's seen over a dozen moose, three bears, and more antelope than he could keep track of.

He's only seen two elk, and says they were too far to shoot at. One of my cousins (also on the trip) shot a bull elk yesterday afternoon and Dad said that after they found it just over 1.5 miles from the nearest ATV accessible trail, so they had to quarter it and carry it out piece by piece....

Sounds like fun (NOT).

Nice picture. Great looking family.
" Honor thy mother and father, that your days may be long.."

Bill