Moon Rock Dublin - Io

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshpipes

Reaction score
Hey guys,

This one is a commission, so it is also not for sale. I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out so I wanted to share.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sgSPsUoHj2w" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4UxPu3tl.jpg

OQdFb0Ol.jpg

mqZtlI2l.jpg
pvdBImMl.jpg

WjSoY5bl.jpg
fi6JC88l.jpg

ZjAt4Yrl.jpg

eVAoyQEl.jpg

NctEux2l.jpg

0IrwFWnl.jpg

P752N2Ml.jpg

Edit: Added photos.

Absolutely fantastic work Buddy, how on earth did you get the birdseye top so shiny, doesn't matter how hard I try I can never get a bowl to shine like that, stunning pipe, one very proud owner that'll be going to, bravo. :cheers: 

Briar Spirit":i8vr1gjm said:
Absolutely fantastic work Buddy, how on earth did you get the birdseye top so shiny, doesn't matter how hard I try I can never get a bowl to shine like that, stunning pipe, one very proud owner that'll be going to, bravo. :cheers: 
The BIG question to ask is : HOW DID YOU DO THE CRATERS? I'm AMAZED at what you've done :twisted: DAMN!!!:cheers: 

HOLY F-ING COW!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING! AWESOME JOB!

I too want to know how you did the craters. That's really cool. Please, do tell!

Once again, thoroughly impressed by your work. Thanks for sharing.

Whoa! This is way too cool. Man I like that. How in the world did you accomplish it? One of the most unique finishes I've ever seen on a pipe. :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: 

AJ

One beautiful pipe sir, it looks like you actually boiled the surface of the briar to make it bubble...................or shot it across the room with a .22. No really, beautiful pipe and some fine work to say the least.

It isn't often these days that I see something truly novel, but here you have it, something completely unique in my experience. Excellently executed. Good work!

That pipe is stunning, I can't imagine what it took to make it!

David, that is certainly a very cool concept, and I agree with the other brothers that the moon surface carving is very unique. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Only thing I would have changed, is that I would have stained the briar a silver or grey, and given it a black stem.

Thank you for the kind words everyone.

Dutch, to understand the color palate it might help to know that this pipe's code-name is Io.

jupiter-039-s-moon-io_1024x768.jpg

UberHuberMan":hz83vei1 said:

Dutch, to understand the color palate it might help to know that this pipe's code-name is Io.

Thanks for the education David! In that case, she is the ideal color! 8) 

UberHuberMan":etv5kq03 said:

The color and name match my finances. In the red and Io. :x 

You gonna reveal a trade secret and tell us how you did it? Inquiring minds want to know. :fpalm: 

AJ

ajn27511":3vob84ji said:
You gonna reveal a trade secret and tell us how you did it? Inquiring minds want to know. :fpalm: 

AJ
Just a dremel, a lot of time, and plenty of patience. :)

UberHuberMan":e3ahty20 said:
ajn27511":e3ahty20 said:

AJ
David! Shame on you! No lying! Everyone knows that you actually launch a piece of briar into orbit and subject the stummel to hundreds of tiny micro-comets. Huummph! Dremel indeed!

UberHuberMan":v2jdts5p said:
ajn27511":v2jdts5p said:

AJ
I'm so intrigued by the finish. I keep coming back to this thread and admiring it. It's great to see a new twist on an old concept (Rustication). New and original is hard to come by these days. Can't say enough about it and how impressed I am. It's hard to imagine the time it took to accomplish that work of art. Thanks for sharing the fruits of your labor with us. :) 

AJ

Ocelot55":gbtheyog said:
UberHuberMan":gbtheyog said:
ajn27511":gbtheyog said:

AJ
David! Shame on you! No lying! Everyone knows that you actually launch a piece of briar into orbit and subject the stummel to hundreds of tiny micro-comets. Huummph! Dremel indeed!
Jeez, Jessie. A guys tries to keep a few secrets... ;)

ajn27511":ub8k1eej said:
UberHuberMan":ub8k1eej said:
ajn27511":ub8k1eej said:

AJ
I'm so intrigued by the finish. I keep coming back to this thread and admiring it. It's great to see a new twist on an old concept (Rustication). New and original is hard to come by these days. Can't say enough about it and how impressed I am. It's hard to imagine the time it took to accomplish that work of art. Thanks for sharing the fruits of your labor with us. :) 

AJ
That's quite a compliment and I am honored by it. Thanks a lot, AJ.

That's freakin' absurd, Dave, I LOVE IT. :D :D :D

If a pipe can be classy AND planetary, the sci-fi nerds (like me) are gonna jaw-drop and require more of this!!!!!!!!!

8)