More sad news

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
Well I heard last night a man that was partially responsible for my outdoor lifestyle had passed away.I am sad but also a bit relieved. He had a stroke over 10 years ago which left him unable to use his right side, or talk very well which ended his hunting and fishing. I think that alone was horrible enough that his death brings comfort enough that he no longer has to suffer through that.

I remember him taking his step son and I fishing for the first time in which we seined for minnows in a small creek before going. I remember the time I had my knee injured when I played HS football, was on crutches, and couldn't drive he made damn sure I still got to go fishing and to the range to target practice. He was a great man that taught both his step son and myself many lessons in being a sportsman, and how to properly care for the woods and bodies of water we use. He wasn't my dad or even step dad as much as a mentor and another father figure

He will be greatly Missed!

Sorry for your loss Cuervo. I'm getting to the age where my mentors of youth are beginning to disappear, too.

One of my trumpet teachers recently retired. His love for music and especially trumpet playing were infectious to all those he taught. Without it, he seems so much more frail than I ever remember him. I reflected just today that not a day goes by when I don't think of him or something he said to me. I'll think make a point to tell him that.

Keep his memory alive by doing the things he inspired you to do. :)

Be strong, Cuervo...it's raining and now pouring for some of us... if it ain't over quite yet, just hold on tighter. We're here for ya. :)

8)

Sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had someone like that, HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY!

Bill

I am saddened to hear about your mentor Cuervo. You were really lucky to have someone like him to show you the ropes.

He is right behind you every time you go out.
Morn his passing, then, revel in what he has givin you to enjoy. The later is what would give him the most pleasure.