Most of My Pipe Collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Well, I promised a gentleman that I would post my collection so he could see it. It's not a great collection with Costello's, Dunhill's, etc. but its the pipes I like which would cover most every pipe made except for the ones out of my reach. I do like many different types of pipes which you can see. Trying to save myself a little work I took them and there racks off the wall and photoed them that way instead of removing them all. The first photo is of my rack of general pipes (all different makers/types).
DSC00610.jpg

The next is most of the figural's.

DSC00609.jpg

Next is the odd pipes different filtering designs and so on.
DSC00612.jpg

These are all Cavalier type pipes by different makers.
DSC00613.jpg

These are my system pies mostly Peterson's as you can see.
DSC00615.jpg

These are my Silver overlay pipes and a few metal pipes I has no other rack for at the time.
DSC00617.jpg

The next 2 photos are of some of my Freehand pipes.
DSC00620.jpg
DSC00618.jpg

And finally the last is just some odds and ends.
DSC00622.jpg

I hope you enjoyed looking at my junk as much as I have collecting it.

Wow! :shock: Nice collection... I thought my having over a dozen pipes might be a bit extreme, all of a sudden I feel the urge to go pipe shopping though! :lol:

Thank you sir, I have only just begun to collect pipes again.
About 8 years ago I sold off almost all my collection except for a few
and now I'm back at it. Hopefully I wont get another stupid idea of selling
them again. Way too many that are gone are now way too expensive for me to replace. :(

Very, very impressive. Everything is as organized as it can be, clean as a whistle, and great care taken on each of them.

Nice collection

I really like the globe mehrschaum...

james

Love the Popeye pipe... I have a bit of a Popeye collection including a really great painting of me and Popeye waiting on the pier for the ship I was on in the Navy. Popeye artist George Wildman painted it for me several years back.

Kyle Weiss":pksx9421 said:
Very, very impressive. Everything is as organized as it can be, clean as a whistle, and great care taken on each of them.
There my children that and I'm anal.

And thank you all! :D

I'm with Simple Man; I'm not gpoing to worry about havin too many pips for a while, and yes, that Meershaum is great.

You sir have impressed me with your great collection. I too like that meerschuam, How long have you had it. I was eye balling one like it awhile back on ebay. Looks like a all day job when you clean and polish. Im usually pretty good about cleaning mine as I smoke, but every so often Ill super clean all mine one at one time and go over them livingly and have them all in pristine shape. Like I said very impressive.

That is one heck of a collection!! How do you chose which one to smoke? Thanks for sharing!!

I too have an urge to go pipe shopping......man those are nice. Dont ever sell your collection again. I will hunt you down and beat you... :afro:

Cart, besides insanely creepy and cool, what is, exactly, the figural pipe in your avatar picture?

One very impressive collection! Do you smoke them on a rotation basis? It'd take you the entire year to get through them!

Thank you all and I will try to answer your questions in this one post.

Plumb, The Popeye meer I've had for about 4-5 months now I think. I owned one before just like it but it was one that got sold off. And it peeved my oldest daughter off something bad when I sold it so I had to make sure I got one again.

Air & Moz, I don't smoke many of them at all just the cobs and the mushroom Meer mostly. That's all part of me being anal and not wanting to dirty them.

MDpipe, Nope you wont have to do that, it took too much work and money to get them this time.

Kyle, That's a Screaming Mohawk Indian. It's from a French artist.

Thank you all again :D

Cartaphilus":pawxr1vg said:
Kyle, That's a Screaming Mohawk Indian. It's from a French artist.
It's very unique and striking. Probably a signature in your collection in my mind... not that you don't have a ton of great pipes!

One of the pipes that strikes me as being the most unusual is the the Dog with the mask pipe sitting in front of the rack of figural's. I have never seen another one.
Its a dog holding a mask up to his face and has no markings what so ever. I think it may be Japanese or Chinese in origin but, it's done quite well.

That's a really well maintained collection with a lot of gems! 8)

Very impressive collection, with some most unusual specimens.
I would bet that the collection mirrors your personality, somewhat?

Thank you both very much.

"I would bet that the collection mirrors your personality, somewhat?"
I reckon your right, full of crap with a little bit of good if you look hard for it. :lol!:

Fantastic, beutifull and very interesting collection. Well done! :cheers: