Move update

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
Hey guys,

For those of you that don't know I've been in a elongated and complicated move since last August, my fortunes were tied to my family and the family business which took a big hit last year and we lost our home of 25 years. Since then I've been looking for a house near my parents as their combined medical issues demand local help at short notice and I'm their last child in country and still alive. In terms of available houses, pickings have been very slim (I found a great deal of asbestos though if anyone is interested). Anyway, to cut a long story short I will be setting up permanently in the property I thought I was only in temporarily.

Due to other complications of ownership I'm going to be losing my internet and phone line on Sunday. I hope to have it back and reconnected in the first couple of days next week, but it might take up to 10 working days - and if they have to send an engineer out they say that'll take 5 weeks, though last time I tried to get an engineer out here I was 5 months waiting. I'm doing everything I can to stick with the same providers as the previous residents so they don't have to send an engineer out to confirm the line is there ect.

So yeah, I'll hopefully be back soon. Stay classy my brothers and sisters of BoB!

Stay strong, Greyson! If there is anything we brothers can do for you, please let us know.

Best to you Andy mate in your move and getting the net connection sorted out.

We'll try not to burn the house down while you're away...........

:pirat:

Cheers,

RR

Good luck with all that you need to take care of Andy. & yes, BoB will still be here when you get back.

Hope you get back here sooner than later. :D

D&B

Yay it is a home and comfort in security for you brother, I am happy for you. Congrats.

Best wishes that you get sorted asap.

Fraternally

Jers

Now you're quite sure this "planned disappearance" of yours isn't the work of the crazy guy that lives up the road from you? Can we really be sure you're you or are you the crazy old man that eats road kill? Enquiring minds want to know!!

I'm still waiting for the plug to get pulled, I fully expected to be cut off by now. I hope nothing has gone wrong... these things seem far more complicated than they need to be.

huffelpuff":e3h7nsvq said:
Now you're quite sure this "planned disappearance" of yours isn't the work of the crazy guy that lives up the road from you? Can we really be sure you're you or are you the crazy old man that eats road kill? Enquiring minds want to know!!
I'm not the crazy old man. but if I were, isn't that exactly what I'd say?

No all joking aside come back when you can it won't be quite the same without you here.

Jim

Can you believe... well yes you probably can. They screwed it up. They were told to cease providing internet to my line on Monday. Right they said, Monday it is. So I disconnected everything and tried to get my ISP to connect. No dice, line still in service with another provider. Contacted the previous provider again and they tell me 'well, we put the cease order in on Monday like you wanted, but it takes a week to remove service'. So, they couldn't have said that in the first place, or even put the cease order on right away when I requested it last week knowing it takes a week to remove... nooo. So I've connected to the previous broadband again and will be losing it (as originally planned) sometime next week.