Movie Heroes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, you got that right. HUGE difference !

Also, it seemed the moral of the story was better back then. Movies helped us to gain morals and values, whereas today ???.

I tell ya though, my ex's boy that is 9 was a real treat.
I would DVR movies like ,,,Batman (1960's) The Marx Bros, Laurel and Hardy, the Three Stooges, of course Roy and Gene, and a few movies with Clark Gable. Erol Flynn, etc .and HE LOVED EM ALL !

He even went crazy over a "Hotwheels Batmobile 1965 version" that he got for Christmas. He actually thinks that Batmobile is by far the best of any he has seen.

My opinion, is that today, with a tv in every room, we dont tend to ask our kids to watch something, we say Ok you dont want to watch this , fine. So, basically, we are leaving that choice, of what they want to watch ,,, up to them. Whereas, when I grew up, we had one Tv, we would watch what was on. It may not have been my choice to watch, but I watched it.

But , you are right, Heroes have definitely changed.

Not from a movie, but I looked forward to watching The Rifleman every afternoon after school!

image014.jpg

The adults would quit playing Pinochle, the kids would fight for a good spot in front of the TV , the world would come to a halt when Gunsmoke came on.

Roy Rogers, Sky King, Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel, Wagon Train,,,[damn I'm old]

Now it's a buncha survival island backstabbing and Dancing with the Stars.

I'll take John Wayne, Walter Brennan, Gary Cooper, and Clint any day.

Great story, great character, and could kill you with a magazine or a pen.

I love this pic because even though the cops are after him in a crown, he turns and NEVER increases his pace. He knows EXACTLY where is going.

Oh, and James Bond would last 2 minutes, MAYBE.

bourne9.jpg

I thought of this old thread today while trying to explain to a 10-year-old who Steve McQueen was. Eventually I gave up and sent him away saying, "Go tell your dad you need to be punished."

Photographed here by the late, great William Claxton.

Dutch":eh891aei said:
Not from a movie, but I looked forward to watching The Rifleman every afternoon after school!

image014.jpg

Absolutely...MY FAVORITE show of all time. Loved it. Great morals too.

Hate to be redundant but, I do really like Chuck Connors/ Lucas McCain "The Rifleman" and still do since I was knee high to a grasshopper. And of course John Wayne. The two movies that bring back the most memories are "The Searchers" and "The Man that shot Liberty Valance" And I need not forget my first hero, Clayton Moore "The Lone Ranger"

When I grew up, heroes looked like this:

ateam_6.jpg

Don't fool yourself, Kit was the real hero  :D 

knight-rider-02-300x225.jpg

One of the best workers, father figures and husband on TV ever.

don%27t+cry+pa.jpg

and, heck yeah...Mr. Edwards. Feisty and rough around the edges with a huge heart.

mredwards.jpg

Those are all TV heroes, so to get back to the topic, here was one of my movie heroes...

6.jpg

Oh, and how could I forget...

tumblr_lypeo5mWXg1qis6pso1_1280.jpg

...again, not a movie hero. I guess I didn't watch a lot of movies when I was young.

Cartaphilus said:
Hate to be redundant but, I do really like Chuck Connors/ Lucas McCain "The Rifleman" and still do since I was knee high to a grasshopper. And of course John Wayne. The two movies that bring back the most memories are "The Searchers" and "The Man that shot Liberty Valance" And I need not forget my first hero, Clayton Moore "The Lone Ranger"
[/quote

What do you think of Al Bundy's favorite John Wayne Movie Hondo?  :?: