Moving

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huffelpuff

Reaction score
Well it's come that time again for me. Will be moving from the Denver area up to Wyoming. Should be fairly painless as I haven't really unpacked from my last move 3 years ago. I will still be checking in here and don't have any plans to disappear.

Jim

Best of luck with the move! (I always seem to lose something every time I move)

Thanks Dr. T! I know how that goes for sure. Unfortunately it always seems to be parts for pipes that I need to get fixed that go missing!

Jim

Moving sucks! Best wishes on the relocation huff.

Where in WY if I may ask? I've been across the state a couple times and there's parts that are pretty cool.

Cheers,

RR

We're shooting for the Laramie area. We lived there 15 years ago and really liked it. We moved down here for better access to medical care for our daughter. Now that she's post-transplant and stable it finally is in the cards to go back. Of course our landlord losing his mind helped with that decision too! He tried to raise the rent here by a full third and I just don't see paying more in rent than a house payment can be had for. The Mrs. also got transferred at work so lots of things just fell into place.

Jim

Best of luck with the move Jim! I hope the whole process goes smoothly.

Fraternally

Jers

Here's to hoping everything goes well for you sir, in your move and new residence.
Pack those pipes up for Floyd before you move and then when you get settled in they'll be already to send him. Unless you loose the whole dadburn box they should be safe.

huffelpuff":01tykfbl said:
We're shooting for the Laramie area. We lived there 15 years ago and really liked it. We moved down here for better access to medical care for our daughter. Now that she's post-transplant and stable it finally is in the cards to go back. Of course our landlord losing his mind helped with that decision too! He tried to raise the rent here by a full third and I just don't see paying more in rent than a house payment can be had for. The Mrs. also got transferred at work so lots of things just fell into place.

Jim
Laramie you say? SE corner of the state, near Cheyenne. Not familiar with it.

At least you won't be near the Tetons/Yellowstone when the super volcano  goes off!

pam.gif

Cheers,

RR

huffelpuff":k3eig1g9 said:
Should be fairly painless as I haven't really unpacked from my last move 3 years ago.

Jim
Good luck Jim. That's the way to do it. In IT we have a saying, "Don't take anything to work with you, that you can't take home in a single box." :lol: 

Yeah it's a little college town but after being here again for 3 years I'm tired of all the people. As far as the super volcano going off...well I think getting it over with fast would be better than dealing with what's left of the govt. afterwards!

D&B thanks! Yeah I knew this wasn't going to be a permanent place for us. Hope your allergies are clearing up!

Jim

Goodness, how well I know the 'landlord is nuts' situation, we had one who kept keys to all the flats (apartments) and would go in our flat when we were out, he claimed it was for security reasons but man that was just too freaky for us so we moved toot-sweet. Best of luck with the move Jim, I hope it all goes smoothly for you and don't worry, don't forget to send me your new addy yeah, all the very best my friend.

Jim, good luck with the move. More important, I'm happy to hear Katie is doing well.
Best,
Ron