Mrs Carlos Remodel Projects

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Kitchens.......Old. A mishmash of cabinetry. Doors off for various reasons. New one for matching colors, old stuff, because the last coat of paint never dried and the doors stuck. All gone now. Along with the 7' wide hutch built into the wall on the dining room side. 8)

img_0010.jpg

img_0011.jpg

img_0012.jpg

Extra storage is a MUST for your place, it looks like!

Great stove!!! Looks like a fun one to cook on!

Some new. Still not done. A little trim to do in the kitchen. Other projects starting. Antique heartpine from North Carolina for the floor. Too bad a lot of it will be covered.

img_0210.jpg

img_0310.jpg

img_0311.jpg

Yeah. It is a nice range. Fisher & Paykel. 36" wide, but counter top depth. So it fits nicely into the cabinetry. Cathy cooks like Betty Crocker. I kid you not. Perfect pie crusts. Great cakes and stuff.

Yes, there are a couple things that are not perfectly level. I don't know how they managed that. But the stove is level. We have an odd doorway also. Too late to do anything about it now. Opened the kitchen up into the dining and living room areas. Range is sitting almost exactly where the chimney was. Didn't do a range hood. But we did add a vent above the cabinets. So if someone burns chilli, we can clear the room out. :lol:

Custom cabinetry from a nearby maker.

Working on the back kitchen now. Little old lady rented the front part of the house. Just a hook on a door separated them. Couple shots just before I got the last of the old cabinets out.

img_0312.jpg

img_0313.jpg

Some of you will notice that the island is shorter than the rest of the countertops. Yep. Bathroom vanity height. The upper cabinets are all 2 inches lower. Makes it easier on Cathy. The island is perfect workstation for her.

Impressive and very cool!

Oh, and that floor is gorgeous.

Having been through two kitchen remodels (one in our previous house, and one as part of a major construction project in this house), I can say with authority that the best thing about kitchen remodels is completing them. :mrgreen:

Nice work, Carlos. I'll bet you're glad it's over. :twisted:

:joker:

The new kitchen is almost completed. Glad it's done. I love the flooring. Antique heartpine is very affordable. I sanded it and used Sutherland Welles tung oil finish on the floor. We have a lot of room for food preparation now. But a lot of projects to go before it's all done and the house back to normal.

What a vast improvement. Very warm look in the kitchen now... everyone's gonna hang out in there now, I bet. :lol:

Carlos":dhld32d6 said:
Just what I don't need. Hanging out in the kitchen. :lol:
I don't know about how you socialize, but with my group, everyone just ends up in the kitchen. Especially during winter. If I manage to design a house, the kitchen and dining area are going to be very inclusive to ease this phenomenon a little...

Wow nice work Carlos...your wife must be very happy with her new kitchen.
:cheers:

She is loving the kitchen. I just ordered another 90sqft of 5" face antique heart pine today to complete that utility room. Well, all of that room except the area right at the steps to the outside and basement. I do not wish to change the height of the top step for safety reasons. So I will sand that old glue covered oak down and refinish it. We got the price on the shower unit today for the new bathroom project. Two weeks and it will be here. I haven't been cellaring much tobacco lately.

Good news. Shower unit parts came in. Bad news. Large marble looking piece came in as pieces. Another week for it. Just as well. We have been busy. Utility room projects. New closet in an old house with little closet space. Access panel to the loft from the inside so all the wiring above can be changed. Also to get access to run the bathroom vents. Previous access was from outside and a dance on a ladder, some tiptoeing on a 1x5 and entry though a window. Scary!. Tried to show the knockdown effect we did on the walls. And everything else within range of the sprayer. New windows! :sunny: Painting starts tomorrow. Gotta get that done so we can lay the new heart pine flooring.

12_3d10.jpg

12_3c10.jpg

12_3b10.jpg

12_3a10.jpg

Floor is down in the new utility room. Sanding now. Finish, at least one coat if not several more will be on when the new washer and dryer come this Friday.

12_11e10.jpg

12_11k10.jpg

12_11j10.jpg