Mustache maintenance?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Reaction score
Hello friends, I'm back again.

So my former military friends and I here in Denver have this thing in the spring called Summer of the Mustache (For America [Part Two]).

Essentially, you just stop shaving your upper lip. It's been growing for about a month now, and it's getting long enough that I can almost groom it let alone wax it.

Anyone here have any experience with mustache waxes etc, application of it etc? If all goes to plan, I should have a Rollie Fingers looking mustache by mid summer.

It'd be much appreciated.

I guess maintenance depends upon the style you're after.

moustache.gif

But hey, if you're going to do it - go all out. Do it right!

curly-10.jpg

It's just primping for men. You get product. You fuss over dead-cell keratin growths. You stair at other men's careful primping and compare yourself to them. You get jealous when their primping is better.

Believe me, I have a mustache, and if I were comfortable for being less of a man without facial hair, I'd shave the sucker. :lol:

(...but I look so cool...)

8)

Why not try a cop stache? The only maintenance required is a sharp scissors to cut a straight line once the facial hair extends South passing the upper lip.

I use Clubman brand mustache wax. I use the black. The neutral looked like I had gobs of stuff in my 'stache. Its cheap stuff, about $2 a tube and lasts a while. The only downside with the black is that when you wash it out it gets everywhere. That and my fiance always has a little black under her nose because we kiss so often. She has the patience of a saint. So be warned, women think waxed mustaches look cool, but they don't really want to cuddle up to them.

Ocelot55":nawh68xk said:
So be warned, women think waxed mustaches look cool, but they don't really want to cuddle up to them.
Yeah, some of us have some pretty bad mustaches right now. But it's for America though, so it's serving the greater good though, right? We acknowledge that it may cost us in the love life department but it's moot I guess.

This is the desired endstate:

Rollie%20mustache.jpg

LIPIPE":zzgz99pv said:
Why not try a cop stache? The only maintenance required is a sharp scissors to cut a straight line once the facial hair extends South passing the upper lip.
A certain group of my friends call that the "Cruiser", but I don't think that name has anything to do with the police. :p

Hi George: I could not find a pic of the cruiser mustache on the internet. I saw bicycle handlebars. A cop stache is what I had when I did the job. It's what you see under the aviator glasses when a cop pulls you over and asks for your license and registration. Nothing fancy, just big, bushy, in your face, and regulation length.

I know what you mean, Marty. Something like this, right?:

You're right, Kyle. This IS fun.

George: Yes, only with a motorcycle helmet, aviators, black horsehide leather coat with an over the shoulder gunbelt, riding britches and high boots.....thats a cop stache! BTW, they never smile until they are back on the bike.

George: Everybody's been there. It's called municipal fund raising. The same mustache always gives you the ticket. The fee varies depending upon the level and degree of "personal attention" your behavior causes.

LIPIPE":1o27tfg3 said:
George: Yes, only with a motorcycle helmet, aviators, black horsehide leather coat with an over the shoulder gunbelt, riding britches and high boots.....thats a cop stache!

jefe1037":1o27tfg3 said:
second freddy mercury reference to kyle in the last twenty minutes in unrelated threads.... this IS fun

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tdbt-sx5MDc" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anthony":lx8iuvvu said:
Ocelot55":lx8iuvvu said:
So be warned, women think waxed mustaches look cool, but they don't really want to cuddle up to them.
Yeah, some of us have some pretty bad mustaches right now. But it's for America though, so it's serving the greater good though, right? We acknowledge that it may cost us in the love life department but it's moot I guess.

This is the desired endstate:

Rollie%20mustache.jpg
Fingers!!
My second favorite pitcher, after this guy...