My 13th pipe and it looks like it (Added Photos)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
This is my 13th attempt at making a pipe and there's something wrong with it but, I can't put my finger on it. It didn't come out the way I wanted it to because the block just wasn't the right size for what I was going for but, I went ahead and tried to get as close to it as I could. That said, I reckon it's an Chubby EGG? Anyway It's made from Algerian briar and as always a few tiny pits showed up to visit. It has a Acrylic hand cut Ivory saddle stem and a 7/8" chamber. Measures about 5-1/4" long, 2" tall and about 2" wide. It's a good beefy pipe to say the least.
Sorry about the photos being a little dark, my camera didn't like the Ivory stem and lighting wasn't just right. The brighter ones show the pipe being darker in color and as it really is but, what the hell I know......I'm colorblind.

alandadp":mrpd21za said:
I love it
But what the hell do I know - I've thought all your pipes were great
Thank you Adam So what the hell do ya know?

Brewdude":4n93pgwg said:
Looks pretty dang good to me Ron. If there are pits I can't see any in the pics.

8) 

Cheers,

RR
Thank ya BD The pits are real small, you can see one on the Right side of the bowl right on the edge of that reflection of my lighting on the pipe. ;)

Kept look'en at those horrible photos and tried a different approach, not sure how better they are but, I think there a bit better, dang Ivory stem is causing all the lighting problems. Well here's a few better ones anyway.

Another fine looking pipe there Ron. What are the dimensions? It looks huge, but photos can be deceptive.

Thanks

Tim

Timbo":pz9jjilv said:
Another fine looking pipe there Ron. What are the dimensions? It looks huge, but photos can be deceptive.

Thanks

Tim
Thank you Tim, It's 7/8" chamber, 5-1/4" long, 2" tall and about 2" wide. It is a bit of a hand full.
Sorta like a Moretti but, didn't realize it till after I was done with it, just wanted to do a large chubby.
The photos sadly don't do it justice, the grain is really neat look'en....to me anyway.

Thanks Ron, sheepish grin, I didn't see you'd already posted the dimensions. :ewe:

I do love the grain on this one too, looks like you could get lost in there when being contemplative. Also looks nice and hefty. Definitely one for the smoking lounge rather than out and about. A grand pipe for sure.

Cheers

Tim

Ron, that is a beautiful pipe and I'm not trying to blow smoke up your butt. I really like it. The ivory stem really sets it off. The tiny pit is of no consequence. In fact if you hadn't pointed it out I wouldn't have seen it. :)

AJ

Dam Ron you have become a pipe making machine, and as far as
i am concerned your work is excellent. MIKE

Great work as alway's Ron, that's a fine piece of Briar Brother! :D

allyby":lb1a8to8 said:
Great work as alway's Ron, that's a fine piece of Briar Brother!  :D
Thank you Ally, your very kind sir

I'd pay very good money for that pipe, Ron.

You know they (whomever "they" may be) say: false modesty is the worst form of boast.

Ya does whatcha can and then you're at the mercy of the briar, and ya done gooood!

Well done, Bro.

M.

Thanks guys!
I don't think I'm modest at all sir, I just expect a lot out myself and I don't see that I've done
what I wish to accomplish yet. A pipe without flaws. ;)