My 61st b'day present from my wife

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williamcharles

Reaction score
This is my new Pete Irish Army 999 that my wife bought me for my birthday. Even tho my birthday isn't until 6/6 she gave me the pipe a tad early.

MrdhO.jpg

After this I'm going to have to change my sig.

Great looking 999! Nothin better than to recieve a gift from someone who loves you that you will get SOOO much use out of for years to come... Congrats and happy early bday! :cheers:

That's a beauty, and so functional and balanced for clenching. Maybe by 6/6, you can have her close to being broken in and smoking sweetly! 8)

Super Peterson there, WC.
Enjoy and congrats on your upcoming birthday.
The Peterson military mounts are handsome pipes and nice to bring on trips to the outdoors so you can take them apart at any time and just stuff em into your pocket without fear of breaking.

That's a beautiful pipe, how long have y'all been together.

Thanks everyone.

Ian, the missus (Judy) and I have been together for 32 years. Through good and bad, thick and thin. I don't know how she's done it.
You're right Derek. She's a keeper!

Doc, I've also got a 317, XL302 and a 301 and I like them because I can just pull the stems and pocket them whilst outdoors. The 302 is a tad big for outdoors but it's still a good pipe.
Funny thing is that even though I've had those three for years this 999 has already become my favorite. All of them are good smokers but this one is the best of the lot.

All told I've got ten Petes including a meer. I guess I caught that particular bug early on.
Petersons, Nordings and Falcons are the main stays of my "collection" such as it is.

An early Happy 61st! Glad you got the pipe you wanted and it turned out to be a good smoker too!

Jim

Very nice ! The only pipe my wife ever bought me was a cob!!

ejames":t47va6hh said:
Very nice ! The only pipe my wife ever bought me was a cob!!
Better than nothing nothing. In the past she had bought me a 1/2 bent Whitehall nose warmer and a mini cob.