My best work to date. One for the books.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpedittopipes

Reaction score
Total Freehand little bit rusticated.....with handmade stem, purple heartwood and black walnut inset.

17311.jpg
[/url]om/u/f42/17/3 2/11/38/17413.jpg[/img][/url][/quote][/quote]

Very nice looking pipe, I tip my hat to you sir, outstanding job.
Best Regards
Richard

And to my good friend cigarstorejay, I thank you for introducing me to the pipe world and getting me started on this great journey. This one's for you.....should be there tue'sday.

Richard Hester said:
Best Regards
Richard[/quote Hey man, I just check your site out, and let me first say.....Thank You for putting your ass on the line for all of us in this great country. SO, THANKS MAN!! Now, back to the pipes. I am humbled..I have now seen your work and it is kick ass, /I arrived in the pipe world only a year and a half ago, so for you to compliment on my work means the world to me, and only fuels the passion for this great art.
Thanks again Man, DPeditto,
Peace.

treezenroots said:
Richard Hester":6vqhxoh3 said:
Best Regards
Richard[/quote Hey man, I just check your site out, and let me first say.....Thank You for putting your ass on the line for all of us in this great country. SO, THANKS MAN!! Now, back to the pipes. I am humbled..I have now seen your work and it is kick ass, /I arrived in the pipe world only a year and a half ago, so for you to compliment on my work means the world to me, and only fuels the passion for this great art.
Thanks again Man, DPeditto,
Peace.
Brother,
WOW! what can I say but thank you for those kind words. I must say for doing this for a year you keep putting pipes out like that one it wont be long and everyone will be fighting over your pipes if they ant already. If you ever in the St. Louis area come by we can make some pipes or you make them and I watch a master at his trade.
Best Regards
Richard

Very nice craftsmanship! I love the way that pipe flows, and the accents added at an angle is very eye catching! :cheers:

Looks pretty good! There's certain angles and some flair that look like it'd be awkward to hold in the hand (I'm a "holder"), but then again, there's a specific flow with the pipe that has been achieved. You toed the line of "too much going on" without going overboard--well done. 8)

This was the first time I had heard purpleheart being used for pipes. Interestingly, you can make martial arts weapons out of them, especially the kind I train with in Aikido, but I remember people saying if you use them a lot (and not as decoration) they can make your hands itch. I did a light search through the pipemakersforum.com and this small thread came up:

http://www.pipemakersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5739

...has anyone experienced any of what was mentioned (if they've worked with this wood)...? Had anyone smoked tobacco from a completed piece of purplewood as the bowl?

Kind of a random subject (as I know this piece is not purpleheart, just decorated with it)... but it had me thinking.

wow, that looks great..the curves kinda give it a danish look, im really diggin that, and the rustication on the backside.. very cool

greasemunki85":5do7ftzk said:
wow, that looks great..the curves kinda give it a danish look, im really diggin that, and the rustication on the backside.. very cool
I was thinking the exact same thing.

This really does look incredible.

greasemunki85":h0ndy9ac said:
Thanks man. and like the quote.

loki993":fctjr52a said:
Definitely looks fantastic. Nice job.
Thanks man. Love the feedback from all my brothers. Trying to get my work out there. One day make a name for myself.
D.Peditto

While still a newling here, I really like the pipe. Personal or for someone else?