My Brother Just Got Married!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshpipes

Reaction score
I just returned to Chicago after my little brother's wedding and thought I'd share with you guys.

Matt and Hallie have been together for nearly four years now and have been living together for nearly 3 years. In that time, they've endured personal disasters (hurricane Ivan destroyed their apartment building and they lost everything, including their car which was crushed under a felled tree), financial hardships immediately after college, and long distances for almost half a year when Matt did find work. In the last 8 months, Matt has secured a stellar job which pays him a true living wage and they moved into a house (renting) together. Through all of these trials and the joys that came amongst them, they've never wavered in their relationship and have only grown closer.

About 9 months ago, Matt came to me to discuss the possibility of them getting married and, despite the above statements, I discouraged him. I had reasons like "you're too young," "you don't have the right reasons," "you don't understand the kind of commitment you're talking about," etc. In retrospect, I think this is exactly why he came to me: to test himself.

When I watched them stand before both of their families, their friends, and God with complete unwavering certainty, any trace of doubt that I had washed away. This is the first wedding that I've been to where neither the groom nor the bride showed hesitation, trepidation, or doubt. They stood up there with a certainty that I hope I know one day.

Congratulations to the happy couple! Three cheers! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

562432_10101263787581585_438714420_n.jpg

535658_10101263789497745_1599357920_n.jpg

522938_10101263788674395_380927149_n.jpg

Congratulations to the happy couple.

(He looks nothing like you, Huber)

Ocelot55":ao503x2a said:

:lol!: We hear that a lot. There's been plenty of teasing back and forth about who was the milk man's son. :p

Congratulations to your brother and his new bride. May they know true happiness.

Jim

UberHuberMan":i4x672by said:
Ocelot55":i4x672by said:

:lol!: We hear that a lot. There's been plenty of teasing back and forth about who was the milk man's son. :p
LoL too funny!

Congrats to your brother! Sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders :cheers:

Brewdude":fox1nly3 said:
She's pretty! And hope you can recruit your brother into the pipe brotherhood.

Cheers,

RR
Oh man, I'm workin' on it. He's been a cigar smoker for a few years, but I haven't been able to turn him... yet. ;)

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, fellas!