My Car

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorLeMayRambles

Reaction score
I love my school. It is a wonderful place of pursuing knowledge. I go to a Christian university and its been great for granting me a deeper understanding of my faith and of music theory. God is good and he shows it! There are numerous wonderful things about this place and I have grown to call it home, however, there is an issue. Since the school has an evangelical background, there are some high "moral" standards for students. I understand to a degree their wish to be presentable and make a good "Christian" environment, but it makes upkeep of my hobby a bit of a task. I am allowed to smoke my pipe off campus, but I am not technically allowed to have my pipe on campus! Some of my friends hide their poor briars under rocks in the Colorado cold... Poor things. As for me I like to keep my lovelies in the glove box of my car. In fact my car has become my mobile smoke room. My movable library, my sanctuary on wheels. I can park anywhere with a good view of the Rockies and puff away while contemplating the great mysteries of God's beautiful creation. The residual scent of pipe tobacco has made me a popular car pool, for many of my friends love the smell like I do. It may not be an awesome man cave or an extravagant library.... But I would argue my smoke room is one of the best around. Do you guys smoke in your cars? Peace brothers!

Trevor

A car is a mobile man cave. It offers access to a variety of beautiful locations, serves as a personal library, has comfy seats, a stereo system, your iPad will serve nicely as a teevee, it has 360 degree windows, you can keep a cooler in it, and if anyone bothers you, just put the window down and punch them in the face :) (kidding, just kidding) And it could help prepare you for certain aspects of married life :shock:

My car or pickup is the only place I smoke. There's nothing like a drive in the countryside for pleasant entertainment and for getting lost in one's thoughts. I'm like a smoking, thinking dog I guess, except I don't hang my head out the window.

Steve

My dog seems to think highly of me, except for my peculiar habit of driving with my head inside the vehicle.

Like most of us on BoB, I smoke in my car frequently especially on my commute which is long.
However a note of caution to those leaving briars in a cold vehicle. It's not uncommon to have that pipe bowl instantly crack and pop wide open when lighting a very cold pipe. Briar doesn't like that at all. Exercise some caution here friends.

I try the best I can to keep my briars well warmed with a little insulation! I also try to warm my pipes up before I light them ^_^

Mark me as another frequent car smoker, both driving back from campus and also reading in it while puffing away on the weekends. That got me some funny looks in the apt complex, but they're used to their eccentric neighbor by now

Warming them is a must. Either put them in a breast pocket or hand held until they get to room temperature. Hate to see you lose a fine smoker.
:D

Good point. I wonder if a thin-walled billiard would be better for a winter pipe stored in a can than something with thick walls. Or better yet, a cob.

I use my truck when I am home. In the winter it keeps me warm and cool in the summer. It is great for long drives into the middle of nowhere...which usually lead to my truck coming back covered in mud. Plus every time I make it back home from deployment my truck (a 97) smells like new again because my sister doesn't like the smell of my toby lol. Cars/trucks/vehicles of all kids are awesome for smoking...except a Prius, those are only good for Lakelands and flowery aro's smoked by females.

I smoke in my car as well. It makes long trips that much more pleasant. Short ones as well :lol:

I smoke in my car all the time. It seems to be one of the few places a man can smoke undisturbed. At least for now.

I smoke in my car all the time...a pipe is good companion for any drive. Doc is right though - keep those briars out of the cold!

My car is my mobile man cave that has all the creature comforts as well as the ability to transport me away from where I don't want to be and to any place I want to go. The climate is always perfect and it has the best ventilation system anywhere.

I was on travel last week and was on mid shifts. I was in my car smoking a bowl after midnight in a public parking space by a civil war battlefield when 2 police rode up and had me step out requesting to search my car. They could not understand for the life of them why I was there in my car smoking a bowl. I thought it was pretty normal.

Sonarman, they just couldn't understand why you would be sitting there smoking something evil like tobacco when most of the country is busy smoking something else. I bet they thought they were about to get a drug charge on you until they figured out it was really tobacco lol. Does sound like a pretty normal thing though to be honest.

Always smoke pipe in car. Long distance, short distance... I can't imagine myself without a pipe in my vehicle.

sonarman":d3d78r1q said:
I was in my car smoking a bowl after midnight in a public parking space by a civil war battlefield when 2 police rode up and had me step out requesting to search my car. They could not understand for the life of them why I was there in my car smoking a bowl. I thought it was pretty normal.
I've had a similar situation occur when out on the Honda. There are 2 state parks close to me - both with great mountain views from some of the parking areas. I've pulled the bike over and loaded up a Cob many a time - just to sit back and enjoy a good smoke outside. Once in a while I'll even walk one of the hiking trails with pipe in mouth.

There has been more than one instance when Park Rangers would stop and question me about smoking my pipe there in the park. Once they smelled it and found out I was actually smoking tobacco, they would talk (BS) for a bit and go on. A couple of them will even wave when they drive, since they got to know me.

Two things I've learned over the years about smoking and vehicles:
a. Smoking a pipe while driving a car - fine.
b. Smoking a pipe while driving a motorcycle - not recommended. :shock: