My Christmas thoughts

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the rev

Reaction score
Whether you think the story is truth or myth it is an amazing and subversive story. I for one am grieved at it's domestication.

Think about it... The omnipotent God of all creation becomes a powerless baby needing to be cared for, fed and cleaned, protected. Though this child is king it is a completely upside down version of what a king is supposed to be. Born illegitimate, and poor of a despised and occupied nation. Born not in a palace but out in the air and placed in a feeding trough. Surrounded by peasant shepherds and gentile astrologers. The local ruler is so threatened by this "king" he murders every child in the area. Which forces the family to flee, becoming undocumented aliens in a foreign country.

This is the anti emperor bringing about an un-empire in the midst of the imperial might of Rome. What a story of revolution. You can keep you pretty little domesticated barn scene. You can keep your fat white man in a ridiculous suit. this season I remember the holy anarchist and try and live out this new kingdom. Blessings to all of my brothers and sisters Christian or otherwise

Rev