My Dunhill Came in Today

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures and I do like this pipe a lot.

Skip
DSC05440.jpg

DSC05437.jpg

Thanks!
It was on ebay and a bit of a story, but I will shorten it some. Started watching it as it had a buy now price and I quit looking and after the bidding was done it didn't sell. I was not going to get it because I had just a few weeks earlier bought 4 pipes, but told my wife one evening about it and she said why didn't I just buy it. Well after I lifted my jaw I looked and it was still there and so was the buy now along with or best offer. I made an offer and turned down fast so someone had already tried that price and failed too. So I made another offer which then said the buyer had like 48 hours to reply and that offer was only $20 less that the buy now, so thinking it would be stupid to take the chance someone would offer $5 more and take it, I then just too the buy now.

It was a mint condition and very lightly smoked pipe too and here are the particulars..
Shell Briar 906 from 1971 *Gr.4*

I just couldn't pass on a like new Dunhill from 1971 since I had no Duhills at the time

Skip

That's a great looking assortment Skip! Looks like you'll have a lot of fun breaking in that white spot. And I know what you mean about those tricky "buy it now" prices. You hate to wait, and then have someone else snatch it away, but then what if nobody else bids and you can get the pipe for a better price? It's tough to decide!

Harlock999":j65ay47k said:
That's a great looking assortment Skip! Looks like you'll have a lot of fun breaking in that white spot. And I know what you mean about those tricky "buy it now" prices. You hate to wait, and then have someone else snatch it away, but then what if nobody else bids and you can get the pipe for a better price? It's tough to decide!
Thank you!
Yes you are exactly right. However this one was buy it now for $225 and after the bidding was done I used the make offer which I tried $195 and instantly got back the answer no which told me someone already had made that offer and he turned it down. So with my saving thinking I made another offer of $205 and got back not an answer, but a note saying I would hear back withing 48 hours. So when I looked at it and wanted it, I thought if I wait to see if $205 will buy it and someone comes in even just $5 more than me then I would have lost it for chump change. So at that point I decided to just pay the $20 more and be done with it especially since I was leaving for Florida the next day or so.

Skip

Congratulations on your purchase. I like the broadness of the pipe from the top and the sturdy bowl. This is a very nice piece. Happy smoking.

Regulus

Thanks guys, yes it's bee pretty good smoker so far. Like it a lot and it shares the top shelf with a few Caminetto's from the mid 1970's and a couple of Cavicchi pipes I got about 2 months back. They sure make smoking better. It's funny that the good Va and Va/Per are sweeter in these 6 to 8 pipes. Also the pipes that don't flatter that tobacco seem to favor and make tobacco with Latakia in it better in them.

I guess the coolest thing is smoking some Dunhill Flake or Navy Rolls in a Dunhill pipe.

Skip

You can color me that too :D Congrats on getting a spot I want one but it just has not happened yet.