My extremely newbie questions.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, you'll have better results with your cobs if you don't let cake build in them, and clean them with Isopropyl or pipe spirits after each smoke. You might want to read my Cob & New Smoker Primer and/or Buyers Guide which are Stickys in the Pipe Technique section.

Excellent, Thanks you all.

gospelman, i actually have a sample of "Old Gowrie" in a jar in my cupboard, I will be trying it soon. (probably tomorrow, now that you brought that up) :D

Stackle2, I came to realize your point earlier tonite, as I had a fire going out in the shop, and thought I'd try a bowl of "Altadis B20 Black Cavendish" as the first smoke in a Cob.
It was different, smooth, with sort of a nice smell at certain points???
And it hit me, I am so lucky to have such a variety of samples, and I am going to take my time , and enjoy each one. I dont have to rush it.

Wingrider; yep, I have 5 pipes at this moment,

A Pete, for Irish Flake
a briar for Va's
a briar for Bur/Va/Per's
A Yello-Bole for Aromatics (it cleans out niceley)
and an MMcob for ? but now that you brought that up , I'll use it for the Latakia blends,,,Thanks. I do have samples of " Spillman mixture" " No Bite Delite" " and "frog Morton across the pond " that I havent tried yet.

tiltjlp; I have read your cob stickys, twice actually , but i am glad you remind me , because I forget things, and those stickys are an excellent resource for me to go back to.
Thanks for taking the time to post them.

Dusty

Ordering a sampler pack is an extremely good idea for a new smoker and I would like to recommend one more source: Cornell and Diehl. C&D is run by Craig and Patty Tarler and they are very nice folks to deal with. They will ask you some questions and then guide you towards the five (or eight) blends they feel will satisfy you the most. You can also get Greg Pease tobaccos in your sampler: he is acknowledged as one of the best blenders on the market today. C&D's phone number is 800-433-0080 M-F 9-5 Eastern Time. Good luck!

Smokey