My fantastic pipe cabinet....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanmedusa

Reaction score
...that my wife allows me to have. Which is pretty good because it's huge-ish. That racks looking pretty full. Now I have to start working on the round racks on the bottom. Behind that bottom rack on the left is a few boxed pipes. My new antique GFB Zulu is hiding in it's case in the front of the bottom shelf.

That is nice sir. When I get rich and famous I'd like ta get a cabinet with just draws for my pipes, like a blueprint cabinet I think they're called.
I see you have a few empty spaces in your racks.....fill'em up!  ;) 

WAAAAY TOOOO organized!! Ya need to have some pipes on the shelf loose with 'baccy crumbs and ashes coating all horizontal surfaces !! A few burn spots on the wood would be good as well ! THEN we'll KNOW you are a PIPE SMOKER !!  :twisted: :twisted:  Other than that, nice cabinet !!  :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks brothers. It's been a journey to get to this piece of furniture and another journey to get this one like this.

Monbla, underneath the display portion is two drawers and then a large cabinet. I promise you I have quite a clutter of everything there. And I hide stuff on top of the display part too.

Cart, I've seen something like what you're talking about. A local b&m has estates in one. Holds alot of pipes. If I get back over there I'll try to sneak a picture and show you.

juanmedusa":peoz19iq said:
Thanks brothers. It's been a journey to get to this piece of furniture and another journey to get this one like this.

Monbla, underneath the display portion is two drawers and then a large cabinet. I promise you I have quite a clutter of everything there. And I hide stuff on top of the display part too.

Cart, I've seen something like what you're talking about. A local b&m has estates in one. Holds alot of pipes. If I get back over there I'll try to sneak a picture and show you.
Thank you sir!

Well these are old pics but the pull out drawers are easily as full and the lower cabinet has about 50% more stuff in there and is hard to manage. Still it's nice to have all my pipe stuff in one place. Hopefully it's enough clutter to qualify as a bona fide pipe smoker. :cheers:

juanmedusa":uw065ms9 said:
Well these are old pics but the pull out drawers are easily as full and the lower cabinet has about 50% more stuff in there and is hard to manage. Still it's nice to have all my pipe stuff in one place. Hopefully it's enough clutter to qualify as a bona fide pipe smoker. :cheers:
Without a doubt juan!

;) 

Cheers,

RR

Now THAT'S better !!  :twisted: :twisted:  Your a nice guy to keep it all neat and tidy for the little lady's sake up top !!  :twisted: :twisted: 

Thanks guy. Oh and Monbla, if you look really close you can see the McClelland hiding behind the first row of tins. I'm putting a little age on some mature virginia number 24. My personal fave so far.

Really nice set up there! I like it a lot.

Ron, I think what you're looking for is called a map cabinet. The ones I used back in the day were full of bones, and they hold a ton of stuff.

arkivs10.jpg

I've been shopping around for one to organize and hold tobacco tins, but it turns out the drawers usually only come up to 2" on the inside so you can't even fit the tins two high. Maybe it'll hold your pipes better Cart, it'd be a pretty cool way to store them.

Nice set up Juan, that cabinet sure swallows a lot!

Very nice set up and a very nice looking cellar building right there and WOW what a great selection of pipes, hmmm, is that an optical illusion or are those two tiny pipes on that block between the two round racks!?

Briar Spirit":t6jm5b5l said:
Very nice set up and a very nice looking cellar building right there and WOW what a great selection of pipes, hmmm, is that an optical illusion or are those two tiny pipes on that block between the two round racks!?
Good eyes. Those are two little old pipes. My friend snagged them for me from somewhere. I was shocked to see they're sorta drilled out. Not perfectly but somebody went through the trouble of trying to make them accurate even when they are so small you couldn't possibly smoke them. One is a apple shape and Nomenclature reads "Thrifco, Briar, Italy." The other barely shows the nomenclature and is some kind of monkey head figural. Who doesn't want a miniature monkey headed figural?

That is so cool, the Monkey figural sounds really cute, do you have a close up shot of it, I'd love to see it.

Have a butchers at these two:

RRN259.5L.jpg

The work on that Calabash shape is amazing, I might just have to source some teenie stems and make some of those, just for fun of course as they are just so cute.

GREAT PHOTO'S, THANKS FOR SHARING THEM. YOU HAVE A REAL NICE CABINET, WELL ORGANIZED.

HOW DO I POST PHOTO'S OF MY PIPE COLLECTION? I HAVE PHOTO'S IN JPG FORMAT.
THANKS AND HAPPY SMOKING!
FISCHERMAN

Retrogasm":ydvy9e56 said:
arkivs10.jpg

I've been shopping around for one to organize and hold tobacco tins, but it turns out the drawers usually only come up to 2" on the inside so you can't even fit the tins two high. Maybe it'll hold your pipes better Cart, it'd be a pretty cool way to store them.
That's what I'm talking about! ;)