my favorite hobby

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillpsych

Reaction score
Hello all;
I found this site while searching on GBD's... who knew. Excellent, and I'm happy to be here.
I have been smoking pipes for about 37 years. I have had a few periods where I set them aside... and went through a cigar phase. A few months ago, while obsessing about my cigars, especially the fact that these really expensive sticks were literally ashes after I enjoyed them, I noticed my pipe cabinet, and all the pipes, resting in their racks. Well, I'm happy to say, I took one out, and went through our ritual, preparing my smoke, and settling in for some relaxation. Bliss. I was immediatly reminded of how much I love pipes... smoking them, cleaning them, refurbishing them, looking at them, buying them, selling them, talking about them... but mostly... SMOKING them. The huge variety of tobacco, the infinite styles and shapes, the great new pipemakers, the awesome classics. Man, even the lowley corn cob is great, isn't it?
So, when I found this site, I was happy. I hope to enjoy it, and to provide enjoyment for my fellow Brothers of Briar, (and who knows, maybe a Sister or two...). I look forward to learning from you guys, sharing stories, photos of awesome briars, and maybe even meeting one or two of you in Chicago, if you are ever in town... maybe at the pipe show... smoking a bowl. -Phil

Welcome to the BoB forums, I'm new here to. Gotta say I agree with you about the cobs, so simple yet so pleasing. :D

Welcome Phillpsych. You aren't THAT Phil of TVpsychology fame are you? Anywho welcome to the Brotherhood. You sound like you're gonna fit right in.

Dr. Phil... hmmm, I just don't see that guy smoking a pipe. It would do him a world of good though... and with his money, think of the briars he could collect!

Welcome aboard Phil! We look forward to seeing some photos of your pipes!