My first atempts at something to smoke out of.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Furgeson

Reaction score
Here are a pair of little nose warmers I made tonight. They are my first attempts at making pipes. I made the lower one and sent a picture of it to my brother. He responded by asking for one like it. Thus the left one. They are made of oak bowls with alder stems and deer antler mouth pieces.

The one I made for myself is smoking cool and smooth with a nice full draw. I will have get back to you on the other one my brother had not gotten it yet.

Thanks Bob, I made these as a test run before cutting into that chunk of walnut. Kind of a confidence building exercise. I did discover the bit I bought for my bowl chambers is a little to small for anything more then these nose warmers. That's okay though I plan on making a few more of these for friends. So I will just have to get the right size bit before I move on to larger pipes.

Looks good! Especially like the use of antler as a mouthpiece. Make that section a little longer and you'll have room to do some scrimshaw work if it strikes your fancy.

huffelpuff":y3jl1ieg said:
Looks good! Especially like the use of antler as a mouthpiece. Make that section a little longer and you'll have room to do some scrimshaw work if it strikes your fancy.
I like that idea. I will have to see if I can find some long enough to try it. Right now I am working with some tips I had kicking around.

Brewdude":tdqqdm63 said:
Great first attempts Eric, at least from the pics. Looks like you have the spirit well in hand!

8)

Cheers,

RR
Thanks Brew, I will see if the spirit continues to flow for me.