My First Bent Bulldog

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
taharris":hyzi931d said:
jefe1037":hyzi931d said:
Not negating other's critiques, this is everything I visualize when I think "bulldog." This isn't a whimsical graceful shape; have you ever seen a graceful bulldog of the canine variety? There is a reason the shape has such a namesake. This is a man's pipe. The owner of this pipe has some serious business to attend to. I wouldn't want to be in the way of the gent that has this clinched betwixt his teeth because he understands how to hand out a serious asswhoopin'
!
I agree, the Bulldog is a man's pipe.

Although, if you happen to be a man's man and want a pipe that you could just as easily use as a club, then a Bull Moose is the pipe for you. I just finished this little beauty for a custom order and I am so pleased with the grain that I just had to show it off.

221302.jpg

221539.jpg

Todd
If THAT pipe were mine, with that kind of PERFECT straight grain all around as can be seen from the birdseye on the top, I'm afraid it would never see a shred of tobacco! :p When I win the lottery, I'm giving you a call for a seven day set of Bulldogs/ Rhodesions !! You've got that shape down :p

Holy crap, Todd--now THAT'S a sexy 'dog. That stem is flashy but fitting! Some lucky dude's gonna have himself a nice pipe. 8)

This Bull Moose actually effectively states one of the main reasons why I like the bulldog (and similar) shapes so much...

...when a straight grain runs so well with the bowl, the top edges give not one, but two flat surfaces in which to really view the birdseye properly, and compliments the straight grain to make a "whole picture" of what's going on with the briar.

As I smoke a finer pipe, I'm constantly admiring the artwork in my hand, especially briar, which in the right light, is just a dazzling, sharp, and great show of man and mother nature.

8)

I have a pete thats similar to your first Dog that I like a lot. A beautiful first try and it does have a very British feeling. Its definately a mans shape. You do good work my fellow buckeye freind.

Steve

Of the pipes I've seen from you, your bulldogs and rhodesians have been the best and this is no exception. You knock this shape out of the park every time! Great work!

It's a horrible, no good, hideous, sorry excuse for a pipe! ;)

No, I really like it. Wouldn't change a thing! Excellent work...