My first meerschaum.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rxman

Reaction score
My wife dragged me to an antique show this past weekend. Normally boring (to me) glass vases and place settings and such. But I found this lonely pipe sitting amongst some antique books. Paid a couple of bucks for it.

It's an A. Bauer from Austria apparently. I can't find out much about Bauer pipes, only that they are supposedly good. (Pipepedia). If anybody knows the vintage of this pipe or any other info for me, I thank you. Also the stem seems like light weight acrylic, but is stamped Austria by the bit. By the printing of the sale material I'm guessing 1960s, but thats just a poor guess. I never smoked a meerschaum before, and figured for at a couple of bucks why not. Let me know what you guys think - Rxman

Looks like a nice meer, especially for a couple bucks. Congrats brother.

An Andreaus Bauer for a couple of bucks !! That's a steal !! :cheers: They are still in business and make some of the primo block meers. Here's a link to their website : http://koncak.sarslan.com/index.htm Load that puppy up and enjoy it ! :p

Great find and fantastic purchase! :cheers: :cheers:

Congratulations and enjoy!

Jers

Hate to do it but I've got to report this,,,you stole it.

Great find on a pristine meer,,, :cheers:

the bad thing is now your wife is gonna expect you to come to every antique outing she goes to
very cool find

Probably the best meer find I've read about in a while... nice one! The bowl looks comparatively huge to the shank and stem, but I dig the shape and the little cant to the bowl...gives it some attitude.

Very good score. :cheers:

8)

Thanks guys. I almost can't bring me self to smoke it. Likes it's made it this long, it almost a shame to defile it. lol Have to educate myself on meers, coloring, cleaning etc. Normally just stuff and puff my briars and mildly clean em weekly. Must say I was pretty surprised when I found out what I got. Felt bad I knocked her down 3 bucks too. :D

When ever the wife says "lets go to an antique shop" GO!!!!!! I just started doing that last week looking for pipes, you can find them and then Haggle them down on the price..... You bring your find home.... sit down and clean it up with a lil elbow grease, then you instantly become attached to it!

Great find and Happy hunting!

An awesome find, and a fine addition to anyone's collection! Congrats rxman! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

A Bauer for a couple bucks and unsmoked to boot plus its your first Meer? Ide say that is a damn fine find indeed brother!

If you have any questions etc for how to smoke, care, clean it etc dont hesitate to ask. I have a few Meers so I could help you out in that dept or at the very least, help point you in the right direction. :lol:

Great find! Very nice pipe!

Next weekend you need to be bugging her. " Let's go to the antique show honey!"

What a marvellous find, congrat's on that, hope it serves you well for many a year to come. ;)