My first meerschaum.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check the stem...it may be amber not acrylic like you think. Amber is a bit like like glass...it feels like glass when in your mouth. I remember a lot of the meers from the sixty's had amber stems (that's about all I remember...it is all coming back to me now).

Just a thought.

Looks like you fell for the classic bait and hook scheme. Wife does research. Finds something you'd like. Sets the trap that seems too good to be true. You take the bait. Dreams of dancing antique pipes at rock bottom prices dance in your head.

For the next two years you are a antique/thrift store purse holder.

But at least you got a great pipe out of it! :D

:shock:  Very nice! I love going antique shopping, but have never gotten so lucky...yet!

that pipe looks great, but it would be a sin to NOT smoke it!! smoke it and get some color in it! it's been depraved of good tobacco for far to long! feed the starving meer!! :D 

My wife and I go antique shopping all the time.  I've gotten at least 10 of my pipes from antique shops.  Plus pipe racks, humidors, stands and unique ash treys.  I travel some for work.  Always look for antique shops to browse.  Along with the local pipe shops.  Last year, at a shop in the middle of nowhere Connecticut I bought two face carved meers for $20 each!