My first PIPE LIGHTER! :)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Behike54

Reaction score
Lotus 1100 "Gaucho" Traditional Flame Lighter - Black Matte & Chrome Velour

I know, I know, it's not "Old School" but it was on sale and had the following qualities.

90 degree angle traditional flame
Perfect for Pipes
Built-in pipe tamper
Large fuel capacity
Easy to use over-sized flame adjuster

OMG, win/win!

No tamper hounding, HUGE flame-adjuster, and flame can be set to pinpoint and almost seems to grow longer button is depressed.

Best part? Matches? I don need no steenking matches! :mrgreen:

SCORE! :cheers:

An original Old Boy Lighter - first edition. I like all of the controls and adjustments the older models had... :mrgreen:

Pipe tobaccos always lit first time, PG or not. 8)

torch12.jpg

Let us know how it works for you over the next couple of weeks. I hope it continues to work as well it looks. I really like that easy flame adjust feature.

Am particularly curious, because I have Jetline that is similar, unfortunately, I find it to be a little finicky outside. So it is my at home lighter and works very well in that capacity. My one real complaint is not being able to see the fill level.

Ah well, if it works and does what you need it to, and is stylish to boot, that what more can you ask for? 8)

Rob_In_MO":nvwctk7p said:
An original Old Boy Lighter - first edition. I like all of the controls and adjustments the older models had... :mrgreen:

torch12.jpg

they were OUT OF STOCK! Was my first choice!

Rob_In_MO":x7qpninv said:

torch12.jpg
I really like how they replicated the "old school" look on that one :twisted: ( and your newer one looks good as well, but I'll stick with my old Zippo and fluid filled Dunhill and matches :p )

Rob_In_MO":d1wvj3n4 said:

torch12.jpg
That thing could light a room-full of pipes at one time. Great for club meetings and groups of pipe smokers. :clown:

Neat lighters. I just watched "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" and an engraved Old Boy was featured in the plot and in a long still shot. I might have to pick up one...

kieveryuu":r8f7gebp said:
Let us know how it works for you over the next couple of weeks. I hope it continues to work as well it looks. I really like that easy flame adjust feature. My one real complaint is not being able to see the fill level.

Ah well, if it works and does what you need it to, and is stylish to boot, that what more can you ask for? 8)

kieveryuu,

Your comments were SPOT-ON. I LOVE having a fuel window on my cigar lighter, but given price, looks, and other qualities, it is a small price to pay given the big tank and I find myself lighting less. Besides, a pipe lighter lasts INFINITELY longer than cigar torch. I also have a 8oz. can of XIKAR fuel, which due to my OCD and "smoking "purse," (a Timbuk2 messenger bag) it goes with me almost everywhere. :)

Yeah, outside is another issue entirely. BETTER than matches, but still easier to light given you can cup hand much easier not having to cup, strike, and keep box of matches and pipe, all in close proximity.

Not a complaint to be had so far. I am also learning how to pinpoint and control flame more too, which is cool and expected. Very happy!

Lotus is supposed to be better than Vector, but that is just what I heard when it comes to CIGAR torches. Regardless, I think I did ALRIGHT! :)

Thanks for the questions, hope my comments help. $40 with free shipping is hard to beat for what I got and the quality, IMHO.