My first volcano....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crafty

Reaction score
Well, I killed most of the day getting this finished while I had Easter dinner cooking.... :face: I really thought this shape was a challenge. Getting a smooth continuous curve was a lot different than other pipes I've tried to make. I think the grain came out pretty well in the staining process as well. Thoughts? Thanks for looking.

Turned out nicely, with some amazing birdseye on the bottom!

Man I knew that was going to turn out nice but holy he double hockey sticks! It's an absolute gem. I love the way the stain came out. The grain just pops, and that Birdseye is amazing! Keep up the good work.

Jim

An amazing piece of briar and the shape really works with it !! Nicely done all around !! :cheers: 

huffelpuff":etxc80d5 said:
Man I knew that was going to turn out nice but holy he double hockey sticks! It's an absolute gem. I love the way the stain came out. The grain just pops, and that Birdseye is amazing! Keep up the good work.

Jim
Jim, nailed it...THIS^^^^^^^^^.

Damn, Crafty, you are moving on...

Thanks for the comments. Makes me feel like I'm learning a lot. At times I still feel like a rank amateur. This pipe taught me a lot.

Crafty, when a pipe comes out looking that good...you are no rank amateur.