MY FIRST W.O.LARSEN TO SMOKE, REALLY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Found a nice estate W.O.Larsen bulldog with 3/4" x 1-1/4" bowl, just right for me.
And yes, I've already started smoking Escudo in her. Wonderful smoke by the way. Always wanted one but prices I found were always a bit too high for me till now. It's only half the size of my Mastro De Paja bulldogs but, smokes just as sweet and cool.

WOLarsen2.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 516px

Thank you sir and, yes it buffed up real nice.

Very handsome and well cut pipe. WO Larsen is a fun brand to collect, a lot of the greats made their bones carving for them.

It's a great looking pipe Ron. What did you use to make it shine so good? :) 

AJ

Yes sir, no telling who carved it but, I really like the shape and the rustication. Sadly I think it has had it's stem replaced sometime ago because the logo is missing from it or someone got over zealous with a buffer but, the price was right I feel.

ajn27511":lx65n58l said:
It's a great looking pipe Ron. What did you use to make it shine so good? :) 

AJ
Just a buffer and some Caranuba on the stummel and a little blue rouge on the stem.

That is so gorgeous Ron and you're using this one, it looks like it would perform superbly, enjoy it my friend. :)

Gee whiz, that really is a honey. If you should feel a twinge of buyer's remorse, self-doubt, indecision, ambivalence, or a case of the heebie-jeebies, please PM me and we can talk.

That pipe is a looker, it's got it all nice shape, rustication, straight grain, birds eye, square shank & saddle bit stem. Great job on the restoration she looks almost new.
You dun good my friend only problem i can see with it is it's yours not mine.

Hawker":57pftxid said:
That pipe is a looker, it's got it all nice shape, rustication, straight grain, birds eye, square shank & saddle bit stem. Great job on the restoration she looks almost new.
You dun good my friend only problem i can see with it is it's yours not mine.
Thank you sir but, it was really not much of a restoration. I only polished it a bit.

Ron,
Really nice Larson. You're a pipe buying machine!!! 300+ pipes and still growing. I can relate!!!
Andy

docwatson":pgguj7du said:
Ron,
Really nice Larson. You're a pipe buying machine!!! 300+ pipes and still growing. I can relate!!!
Andy
Doc, I got it bad and have had for a very long time. I don't even dare look at eBay or other places very much anymore cause I know I'll find a pipe I have to have. I got to get back to finishing off some more pipe racks I'm making just to keep me busy enough to stay away from this dadburn infernal computer. Just got some pipes in from a customer to restore and he had a Don Carlos and a Edward's in it I had to have. Thankfully we just swap part of my bill for the pipes so it works out well. Thank God I don't have TAD too bad.

Brewdude":b9c2v9hc said:
She's a beaut Ron. You sure do know how to pick 'em!

8) 

Cheers,

RR
Thank you sir, I just pick what my eye likes.

One of my FAVE shapes!! I like the sort of reverse blasting on it !! It cleaned up nice! Congrats on a nice one !! :twisted: 

The larger Bulldogs are my favorites too, Thank you kindly sir