My Grabows

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejames

Reaction score

My pride and joy. It's a Grabow "Skyliner" store display. Holds 108 when filled have about 75 on it now but have most needed to fill it. Just gotta get them shined up.

Sparta made pipes from the 50's up to the 90's. Most of these I have restored or re-finished.Don't know how those cobs got in there!

Bunch of pipes waiting on me to shine 'em up!

These are mostly Linkmans from the 30's to 40's.

Thanks Bear! The son-in-law of a friend in Virginia found that display in a flea market and contacted my friend. He in turn contacted me to see if I wanted it. Anther friend in North Carolina went to Virginia and picked it up and then the took it to another friend in Tenn and I picked it up there. Great friends!!

Here's some more of my pipes.

More pipes needing work,they're gettin closer to the work bench.

My computer/pipe/other junk room.

Agreed; great display. It reminds me of the 'good old days' when many drug stores and other stores would have had those and similar boards

Richard Burley":y4jjpq80 said:
That is so outrageous that it's COOL! :cheers:
Agreed, can't put it better than that. I'd love to see that Skyliner display in the flesh, a step back in time for sure.

Yes that Grabow display is cool. :cheers: My first pipe at age 12 was a Grabow Grand Duke. Pipes and pipe stuff everywhere I would like to collect like that, always a pipe project to enjoy.

Wow, that is cool for sure! You have more pipes 'waiting to be polished' than I have in my collection :shock:

PipeDreams":l15gml5o said:
Wow, that is cool for sure! You have more pipes 'waiting to be polished' than I have in my collection :shock:
Well.I'm nuts--and a glutton for punishment! :shock:

I've gotten side tracked here lately,making tampers,a couple of pipes and working on a few for others. Need to get back to those,especially the pipes for the Skyliner.

Thanks Gents!
kieveryuu,the Linkmans are probably my favorites. Especially one certain apple.Has some nice carving on it.

ejames":0q54ejaf said:
Thanks Gents!
kieveryuu,the Linkmans are probably my favorites. Especially one certain apple.Has some nice carving on it.
Love my little Linkman #9770. That, however, is a nice little peach of an apple.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: nice collection, almost looks like you could open your own pipe and tobacco shop.

Actually I want to set a display that kinda looks like what you might have seen in a store years ago. I intend to put a large shelf under that Skyliner and maybe some white pegboard to one side. I have collected several Grabow pipe accessories,pouches,reamers,filters etc and have a few old tobacco tins and some newer OTC tubs .Also have a few more of the small display cards to put up if there is room. Gotta keep it high enough to keep the grandkids from getting to it.

PipeDreams":xk61twnf said:
I'll take one of those CDLs for $4.95. :)
Would you believe that until recently I had 16 unsmoked CDL pipes. You might say I have a friend who has a friend....
Any way I'm down to just what is on the card,two in rotation and one in a rack. Sold,traded or gave the rest away.
And I got more than $4.95 for them! :lol: