My Granddaddys old pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Recently my mom gave me an old pipe my Grandfather smoked. He had quit by the time I have any memory of it and apparrently he did so because tobacco was getting too expensive (he would s**t his britches if he saw how much I spend on baccy). He grew up during the depression and knew how to pinch his pennies, notice the lighter, it was probably a freebie from Electrolux when they bought a vacuum cleaner, it is so worn the hinge is broken & the top falls off when you open it. The pipe is very evident of his lifestyle, a farmer; notice the dirt ground into the groves on the side of the bowl, looks like he never cleaned out the cake and the stem is stuck tight. I'm going to keep it just as it is.

That is pretty neat EJ! I have only one of my dad's pipes. Seems my sisters gave away his rack and pipes before I could get my hands on it. :evil: They claim they don't know what happened to them.

That's a wonderful keepsake, and that lighter is classic, too.

I always get a little sad when I see "well-loved" pipes like that in antique stores... I'd rather they stay in the family where they can inspire some nice memories.

most of my pipes are ole estate pipes that have history the only family thing that i have are lighters from my grandfather though this is why i im a zippo man.. i even have one as tarnished as that one.

A very nice thing to keep and remember, I applaud your choice to 'keep as is'. :pipe: