My Grandfather just passed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
This was unexpected news. We all knew he had been fighting cancer, but he had told us it was in remission. It appears that he hid the severity of his condition from us. We found him at home in bed. Thank goodness he didn't pass in a hospital hooked up to machines. He even went to get a cup of coffee that morning at his favorite restaurant like he has the past two decades, then went home and went to sleep.

I felt particularly close to him. I worked for him during high school and even several summers when I came home from college. He was one of the most decent and generous men I have ever had the pleasure to know and he will be sorely missed.

My sincere condolences on your loss, he sounds like he was a man of great character who lived a very honorable life earning the respect of his family and those around him. If you need anything we are all here for you brother.

My father taught me to think of three good things that surround any tragic situatiion to make it easier to bear. So here's your three: You're so lucky that you knew and had a relationship with him...something I never had as both mine were long gone when I was born. The circumstance that he was able to live as he wanted up until his death is also a blessing. And I can't help but imagine that he's mighty proud of having a grandson like you.

My condolences.

The good things are that you spent time with a decent man and that he died in his own bed - by what you have said peacefully.

He will clearly live on in your fond memories of him.

Take good care in this sad time.

My condolences, buddy.

Never really been good at knowing what to say in this sort of situation, but fwiw know that you have my sympathy, and that I'm very truly sorry for your loss.

You have my sincere condolences for your loss. As others have said, we are here for you.

My sincere condolences . As has been said he was able to live his way and die as he wanted. Not many folks get to do that these days.

Heal with a light heart, Ocelot. Like BH, for various reasons, I never had proper grandparents--you're certainly lucky, if not to hurt quite a bit right now. May the good memories overcome the hurt. 8)

Please accept my condolences on your loss. I lost my mom in April. There's nothing anyone can say that helps but time will smooth off the rough edges.

My sincerest condolences on your loss. My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family.

While I am deeply saddened for you and your family, I am glad that he died peacefully and in a manner he chose.

Very sorry to hear about your loss. May his legacy live on through you.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

July 2nd was the fifth anniversary of my father's passing... It still doesn't seem real sometimes. Life goes on, as they say.

Stay strong, Brother! Good memories and remembering how much of an impact he had on your life will help ease the pain

Ocelot55":tzs8bzyo said:
This was unexpected news. We all knew he had been fighting cancer, but he had told us it was in remission. It appears that he hid the severity of his condition from us. We found him at home in bed. Thank goodness he didn't pass in a hospital hooked up to machines. He even went to get a cup of coffee that morning at his favorite restaurant like he has the past two decades, then went home and went to sleep.

I felt particularly close to him. I worked for him during high school and even several summers when I came home from college. He was one of the most decent and generous men I have ever had the pleasure to know and he will be sorely missed.
Sorry to hear about your loss. We'll be praying for you and your family during this tough time. Maybe a pipe crafted in his name? I have a bespoke suit coat in memory of my grandmother (used the inheritance money for something that would last).

My condolences to you Ocelot, it sounds like he was a great person. Take it easy man.

My condolences on your loss Ocelot.

I was very young when both of my granddads passed. Don't have too many memories of either one.

Be strong for your family.

:cry:

Cheers,

RR

My thoughts and prayers are with you brother. It is great that you had the opportunity to have a great relationship with your grandfather. Nothing compares to the love of grandparents!

I would like to thank all the brothers for the concern and well wishes. I just got back home from the whole affair. The pm's and comments really helped. I will not forget the kindness and generosity that you have all shared with me in my time of mourning. My most sincere thanks.