My Hometown

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpkrause

Reaction score
These may not be the greatest photos, but they are some of my favorite of my hometown of Chattanooga.
P5040202.jpg

P5040167.jpg

P4300087.jpg

P4300104.jpg

P4300119.jpg

Wow! Those photos make Chattanooga look Fantastic! How are the smoking laws there?

It is very smoke friendly. You can smoke in bars here. Many of the coffee shops have outdoor patios that smoking is allowed. The weather is mild enough that being outside is not all that bad most of the year. There is a Starbucks nearby that has an nice outdoor fire place that you can find pipe and cigar smokers using year round. I am having a club meeting tonight at the local tavern called The Honest Pint. It is great bar/restaurant.

I love Chattanooga. It is a great place. I live about a hour south and visit it quite often. There is also a great tobacconist there (Burn's)

I've considered moving to Chattanooga several times. Like you said, the climate is pretty nice. You get warm summers but not hot summers like MS and you can actually get snow in the winter. The mountains are - right there - and you are not far from major hubs. Couple that with mild smoking laws and friendly people and the Chattanooga Choo Choo and it might just make the short list.

Hmmmmm................

Very nice area!!
Ive given Thought to the area.
My Company's headquarters are in Chattanooga, which we dont have a shop there, but we do have a shop in Tunnel Hill, GA, so Rangold might be a possibility. Im tired of memphis/north miss, and have been here my whole life.
Noted though, my sister and bro in law live in knoxville, we wouldn't be too far from Gatlinburg, and one of my best friends and my old shop trainer lives in Chatty and works for a Dealership in town. The main thing would be finding good schools for the kids, a good church and a good smoke shop, also anywhere to get good craft brews is a plus to.. Might have to make a move!

It's been quite a long time since I've been there. I used to deliver caskets to some of the funeral homes there. :shock:

Lovely place and makes me homesick for the south.

greasemunki85":ljxm9vr0 said:
Very nice area!!
Ive given Thought to the area.
My Company's headquarters are in Chattanooga, which we dont have a shop there, but we do have a shop in Tunnel Hill, GA, so Rangold might be a possibility. Im tired of memphis/north miss, and have been here my whole life.
Noted though, my sister and bro in law live in knoxville, we wouldn't be too far from Gatlinburg, and one of my best friends and my old shop trainer lives in Chatty and works for a Dealership in town. The main thing would be finding good schools for the kids, a good church and a good smoke shop, also anywhere to get good craft brews is a plus to.. Might have to make a move!
There are some good schools here. Check Normal Park schools for public and for private we have Baylor, GPS, and McCallie. Plenty of good craft beer here. We have my personal favorite of Terminal Brewhouse and the Chattanooga Brew Co.. As far as tobacconist, we have Burn's Tobacconist. Burn's actually has 2 locations in Chattanooga. Like I said this is a great place to live. We moved from up north to here because we loved it so much.

Consider yourself extremely fortunate to still have public places where one can smoke dp. May it always be so.

Sounds like Chattanooga might be a good place to considering retiring to.

Cheers,

RR

Chattanooga is only about 2 hrs northeast of me, and is loaded with southern charm. It is one of my favorite destinations when I decide to hop on my Harley. :cheers:

Looks and sounds like a great place to live. I live in California. We're regulated and taxed to death here, but it's still a beautiful state.

Kim