My kids have nothing to worry about.......lol

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't feel the need to cover my face with hair, I ain't so ugly that I need to.

It's rather funny, this recent beard popularity, and the viral manliness aura that accompanies it. Growing hair on your face by the simple act of not shaving makes you manly? Uh, no, it makes you lazy. Pick up some soap and a razor why don't you?

I think it makes most guys look rather ridiculous with it's forced, out of place presentation. Just another misguided fad, like platform shoes and tight polyester jeans. Yeah, that used to be the thing that made you feel manly. Now it'll just get you picked up in a gay bar.

Just like beards will ;)

Puff Daddy":zda7qafi said:
Just another misguided fad, like platform shoes and tight polyester jeans.
Never had polyester jeans, but did start the beard shortly after giving up platform shoes and taking up the pipe in '76

Didn't watch the video...

I'm a fan on my beard, and of shaving..

I'd always been required to shave for work. When I made a career shift some years ago I started growing a goat. I had the annual tradition of shaving it off every March but skipped going that route this year.

As far as a measurement of manliness, laziness, etc.. Huh? I've seen seventh graders shave, and I've seen them with enough facial hair to make the Duck Commander do a double take.. Go measure your dick by some other standard fellers.

Puff Daddy":tr8rneur said:
It's rather funny, this recent beard popularity, and the viral manliness aura that accompanies it. Growing hair on your face by the simple act of not shaving makes you manly? Uh, no, it makes you lazy. Pick up some soap and a razor why don't you?
Yes I have seen all the references to the "real men aren't afraid to where pink" but I would still rather the beard as representative of masculinity in this day in age. Well there was no bearded emoticon to put in here [ clearly prejudicial ] , so enjoy these next 7 seconds of profound wisdom on shaving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZB8HRrJ0KM

Richard Burley":qknydu3e said:
I like reasonable beards--but only on women, if you get my drift.
I saw a bearded lady at the circus when I was a kid; does that count?

Pretty odd hill to die on..

Did political correctness make hating on a man based on race, religion, ethnic group,economic status, etc so intolerable that we now have to hate on each other based on hair?

puros_bran":rqfxir39 said:
Pretty odd hill to die on..

Did political correctness make hating on a man based on race, religion, ethnic group,economic status, etc so intolerable that we now have to hate on each other based on hair?
I honestly just thought the video had some humor to it, no legitimate hate implied. I pick on my father-in-law cause he cooks fancy stuff with wine etc., with stuff like real men cook on a grill, he returns the favor whenever the occasion presents itself.

This is a pretty silly thread. You don't like a beard don't grow one. You like one, grow one. Sheesh. :roll:

There is always a period when a man with a beard shaves it off. This period does not last. He returns headlong to his beard.
Jean Cocteau

Joaquin Phoenix is back! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

puros_bran":tiw5k6i2 said:
puros_bran":tiw5k6i2 said:
Ohhh gotcha, it was all illegitimate hate.. Now it makes sense.
Having a hard time figuring out if you are actually offended....I though it was good for laugh. Since you brought it into question, political correctness has left a certain % believing everything is meant to be made into a cause. Stand up for the beardless if you must. :fpalm:

That's just it.. I shouldn't have to stand up for the beardless! STOP THE HATE!!
Free your face and your mind will follow. Etc etc and so forth and so on.

This message paid for by Gillette.