my latest creation (blowfish in progress)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the rev

Reaction score
This is a blowfish design, I made this almost completely with a dremel tool. I rusticated it because of flaws, but man the grains were so nice. If you want I can post some pre rustication pics so you can see a bit more.

I will be finishing the stem, staining and polishing on Saturday so you can see the finished product

blowfish1.jpg

rev

Nice work! I think you should have left it smooth though. The flaws do not detract from it's appearance IMO. I've never understood why it's considered necessary to hide what Mother Nature put there.

Its a tough decision. I am happy with the look, and am excited about trying some stuff with the staining so overall, I am pleased. The stem is gonna bet a pain though :)

rev

You guys that can carve pipes are a source of wonder to me. I dabbled in woodwork as a young man but would never try to undertake to make a pipe. It's just not something that I'd feel comfortable doing.

I'd much rather come up with a new beer, or write a new song. That's where my creative juices seem to flow.

Rock on rev. I'll be interested to see the progression of this project. I like the blowfish style, although I don't own one.

Cheers,

RR

thanks man, will finish Saturday now I think. Going to make some alterations to the shape. The stem is almost done now, but I need to clean it up. Then stain and polish. I am going to ruin it with my color choices :)

rev