My Latest PAD/Refurb

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bemused

Reaction score
Here's some pics of my latest PAD. I will say that I think acquiring and refurbishing old pipes is at least as fun as smoking them. This Erik Nording is my first freehand and I haven't done anything to it. It doesn't need much. It has some slight stem chatter and oxidation that I will get to but am not in a hurry. It smokes like a dream, love it:

The next is a GBD New Standard bent bulldog (my favorite shape). Someone took a pocket knife to the bowl which is a shame. I should have taken before/after pics, this pipe was in rough shape. It's come a long way, it looked like crap when I started. I didn't think my amateur skills were going to be able to save it. The briar was stained all over (like the rim is now, I'll get to that eventually) and the stem looked like this one:

Finished to smoker grade now, still needs some rim work but the stem is nice except for the tooth indentations although that's OK with me because I don't feel bad if I chew on this one. I don't do that with my nicer pipes. I bought this on eBay with another pipe and after I fixed and resold the other one I have $10 and some elbow grease into it. Good deal in my opinion. It's a great smoker:

Love the Nording. I have a newer Nording my dad bought, not a huge fan of it, still looks and smokes good, i just like that classic freehand style like this one.

That GBD is coming along nicely. Love the shape. You might end up sanding down the rim and re-staining if all the discoloration doesn't come off. .

riff raff (Al) and ontariopiper have done some fantastic stem restorations with bite marks using thick black super glue by building the site up and then filing/sanding. You might consider doing that.

What a bargain for $10 though!

8)

Cheers,

RR

GBD made some of the nicest Doggies and that's a nice example you have there !! The Nording is a nice classic example of the Danish Freehand style of the period as well !! Ya done good guy ! :cheers: :cheers: