My latest Peterson

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idlefellow

Reaction score
I really wasn't in the market for a new pipe but came across this Sherlock Holmes "Original" and couldn't resist. It's as nicely grained as any Peterson I've seen in a while; beautiful birdseye! I saw the pics and I was a gonner. It's an estate pipe I ordered from Serbia which made me nervous for a number of reasons; delivery was estimated at 45+ days but it arrived today in just 10 days, well packed, as presented and in beautiful condition. Color me happy!

lvXRGWPl.jpg

VxjbiF9l.jpg

One of my favorite Pete shapes. It’s surprisingly small & therefore light. I prefer the fishtail though. Yours, here, is a great example.

Hmm; I don't find it small; I prefer larger pipes and this one is right up there with the others in the SH series which is one reason I like them. And if it had a fishtail it would still be for sale. I've only ever bought two Petes with fishtails - one new and one estate. The new one went back to Peterson to have a p-lip installed and the estate went to a repairman to have a p-lip stem made. Petes just don't seem right without p-lips to me; obviously not everyone agrees ;) .

Hmm; I don't find it small; I prefer larger pipes and this one is right up there with the others…

I see what happened. I mistook it for a Mycroft instead of the Original…and since I’ve only owned the “05” my brain read ‘smaller’.

I really wasn't in the market for a new pipe but came across this Sherlock Holmes "Original" and couldn't resist. It's as nicely grained as any Peterson I've seen in a while; beautiful birdseye! I saw the pics and I was a gonner. It's an estate pipe I ordered from Serbia which made me nervous for a number of reasons; delivery was estimated at 45+ days but it arrived today in just 10 days, well packed, as presented and in beautiful condition. Color me happy!

lvXRGWPl.jpg

VxjbiF9l.jpg
I'm curious to what the bowl smelled like coming from over seas. 12 years ago I bought a Longchamp billiard from Greece. I was new to ebay at the time so I didn't look at where it was coming from lol. Anyway, when I got it in the mail it had the most fabulous aroma in the bowl. It was a cross between a good cigar and the most pleasant aromatic anyone has ever smoked. Unfortunately I couldn't remember the sellers information, it could have been from an antique shop over there as far as I know.

I'm curious to what the bowl smelled like coming from over seas. 12 years ago I bought a Longchamp billiard from Greece. I was new to ebay at the time so I didn't look at where it was coming from lol. Anyway, when I got it in the mail it had the most fabulous aroma in the bowl. It was a cross between a good cigar and the most pleasant aromatic anyone has ever smoked. Unfortunately I couldn't remember the sellers information, it could have been from an antique shop over there as far as I know.
Nothing remarkable; very little aroma if any in fact. I believe the pipe was smoked very little if at all. Not a single tooth scar on the mouthpiece nor mark in the wood anywhere. If it was a "rejuvenate" job it's the best one I've ever seen.

lvXRGWPl.jpg

VxjbiF9l.jpg
Bloody beautiful IF (y)(y)(y)(y)