My modest and balooning pipe collection

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertpiper

Reaction score

Here is a pic of my modest pipe collection. The bottom two are Savinelli's I waited almost two months for the 316 Tundra saucer, the bottom one is a e-bay purchase. The next two are Bjarne's, one a free hand the other I"m not sure, but it's my first serious pipe (any help identifying it would be appreciated). The next one is a french pipe, Castiglione. Then the required Peterson system standard 302. then an old C.B. Perking (great smoker). Then my very first pipe, purchased at one of those smoke shops of ill repute. And last bu not least the ugly duckling simply says made in Italy.

Very nice looking collection you have there !

Is the pipe you say was your first, a Belgique??

That saucer is awesome! I love that shape. 8) Very nice collection. Mine isn't that nice, because I have a lot of garbage mixed in with the good stuff. :lol:

Nice collection. The second Bjarne is awesome. A nice rotation of pipes sir.

I have to be careful when I use the Bjarne. If I fill it to the top, the smoke will last at least 2.5 to 3 hours! And it's a good smoker, easy draw and thick walls. I just can't seem to find it anywhere else, so I don't know what it's name is.

:cheers: :cheers: Thats a great start, your doing a lot better then I did when I started... :lol!:

I think the key word there is "start". Which is very true, much to my wife's dismay, lol. I'm already thinking about a poker and a bulldog. I want to see what all the fuss is about with bulldogs. But for now my two go to pipes are the big round Bjarne and the Savinelli saucer.

desertpiper":h04nnnc2 said:
I want to see what all the fuss is about with bulldogs.
I think that you will like the Bulldog. I can't pin down what exactly it is about this shape, but it has become my favorite. Many others on here will tell you the same thing. They kind of grow on you, if you know what I mean.

BTW - if you ever get tired of the 'Ugly Duckling', let me know - we might be able to work something out...

desertpiper":cc4an0fh said:
I want to see what all the fuss is about with bulldogs. .
I have over 30 of 'em and you'll find they are just about the PERFECT pipe :p I especially like Bent Bulldogs w/Saddle bits :p Then there are Pots ....... :face:

30 of them! That's what I'm talking about. Must be something about them and I aim to find out what. Might even do a 3-D model and do some tweaks to it, see what I come up with.

I like that Pete 302. That was one of my first expensive pipes to own. 302XL a fantastic smoker. The only gripe I have about it has to do with the cold. I was walking down the street on a very cold day, in Texas. One of the coldest days we had had on record for a long time. The pipe stem got so cold it separated from the bowl, and dropped to the ground, where I immediately kicked it with my foot (hey I was walking!) and it went flying down the sidewalk. It suffered a big ding on the band, but I smoked that pipe for a long time after that.

The fun part is searching and buying more pipes...that will never get old :lol!:

That Peterson was my very first e-bay purchase. And yep, it's a good smoker. Haven't decided what blends I want to use it for, still experimenting with that one.

I am a fan of the big Bjarne. It sounds like a nice looong smoke when filled to the top a relaxing evening, but then you can't go wrong with a Peterson either. A very nice budding collection.