My Morning Meerschaum

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I'm sitting here smoking my Meerschaum this morning. I'm wondering what you guys opinions are on meerschaums?

I have one Meer, I bought from meerco about a year ago, its a smallish/medium billiard with an acryllic stem. I got to admit I like briar more but this is one hell of a pipe. Its ready for anything anytime and has been almost to the borders of hell and back. I always here people saying "meerschaums are fragile and more of a sitting infront of the fire at home pipe. I sure don't treat mine that way, she comes out to mow the lawn with me, she comes hunting and fishing and I take it to work. shes been bumped and bruised beaten and used but she keeps begging for more. I know shes more fragile then a briar but I think she likes the abuse. I know shes probably going to have a short life but if it cracked and smashed today I would say she lived it good and she made me happy while she's here and she gave me back every penny I spent on her with good times. The only "meerschaum rule" I follow is I have never taken it out in the cold(we get -30C average all winter) but I do smoke it in the garage all winter. Anyways any meerschaum owners out there? How do you like them?

I have been thinking abut a meer, but would really like to find something simple, like yours.

I have three Meer's at present ( another's on it's way) and I LOVE 'em!! They are the BEST for getting the true flavor and feel for a blend! I smoke one of 'em every night as my last pipe of the day! (just started this "ritual" this past month and I LOVE it :p )

@fish, that's exactly what drew me to this pipe, the fancy figurals and shapes ar just too extravagant for me I love the smooth basic billiard shape, I plan on buying another one in the future something with an oom paul shape or a full bend.

@moonbla, I only have the one for now but I think 3 would be the perfect number of meers to own, I smoke mine 2 or 3 times a day, usually morning, night and sometime in between. my briar collection is only 6 good smokers so I like having the meer around to help them rest up. every new blend I buy goes through my meer a few times before I throw it in a briar, its how I have always liked to introduce myself to new tobacco. She loves to be smoked and I've never had any ghost show up yet but every bowl I smoke seems to taste nicer then the one before it.

Anywho, Cheers guys

@fish, I forgot, I solidly recommend Meerco pipes, they always have some simple pipes on hand and the quality is great, always solid block straight from Turkey. That's where I bought this one and I guarantee it will be where I buy my next.